Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

upgrading pole

alan watson

Hi guys after some advice from you pole ninjas

I'm 99% a trad guy but I do have a few 3 storey town houses where I use a Unger n lite set up with the ally pole that came withy it . the pole is now on its last legs and looking at replacing the pole to a better pole and eventually getting a trolley system as I hate being reliant on anyone .

so question is I have a budget of 3-4 hundred quid for a decent pole  looking at 9.5--10 metres fully extended what would you suggest in regards to durability weight and stiffness. I look forward to hearing your suggestions

Al

I think it’ll be a unanimous vote for a gardiner pole, clx or slx if you can afford it. Pretty much unrivalled in quality and great service to boot.

dont mess about trying to save money on poles at height , make your pile of shat last a bit longer save a little extra  and buy a slx as forget the rest 

the extreeme pole is the best again made buy the same people but you dont have the work load to justfy the out lay so slx all the way as it will out last you if you only use it a  few times aweek !

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with @Part Timer. I went for the CLX 27. A friend took me out and trained me up, he uses carbon composite poles which are a little heavier but I found this one a good weight and easily reaches a third storey.

The girls who I have spoken to at gardeners have been really helpful. They went so far above and beyond for me on my first order. Just this week I ordered on Monday morning over the phone and it arrived on Tuesday, can't fault them!

for 3 story i would not get a clx stick with carbon gardners are the best poles to get 

slx

super max 

extreme 

these are the ones i would chouse from imo

76006db9127a1ea723201d512546b7ad.jpg
b2d88d8d0452863303baeab41b608cb9.jpg

This is my gardiner slx 27ft, just for reference [emoji106]

sorry ment when its closed down we use 22s as theres quite a good bit of different when working in tight spaces 
I see what you mean. It does seem they have a bit of a difference. It says the closed length is 1.56 on the 27 and 1.72 on the 25. Never thought of that. I've only ever used the 27 but to be fair its relatively compact when it's folded down.

I got a 25slx and always have 1 extension on it but I wish i got the 27 since it's smaller closed length. My 25 only just fits in the back of my pick up truck when I get afford it I going for a s max 27 the extremes have a very long closed length so they won't fit in the back.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back