Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nicely demonstrated been using one roughly same time as you, great piece of kit makes life so much easier. 

I’ve been using the quick-loq version for a couple of years and love it for all the reasons you list in your video. But in light of all the talk surrounding HMan’s design with the swivel closer to the brush, I thought I’d try Gardiner’s non quick-loq one with the swivel closer to the brush.

My thoughts so far using an Xtreme 22 pole and Xtreme brush:

I don’t find it remarkably different to the q-loq version in use. The feel on the glass though, is different enough that I guess some may prefer it.

I know the q-loq piece is only a few grams but without it, it does make the brush end of the pole feel noticeably lighter in use, especially when the pole is extended. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondered if it was adapted for putting a squeegee on it. Would it perform like a wagtail or better?

Im sure i have a swivel tried it, but never gave it a decent shot, i dont use quikloq, but screw thread so i can change angle for awkward windows off to the side, swivel would eliminate this issue.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Still don't know which part I need I use a clx and the quick loq gooseneck valve.
Don't know if Alex still sells them as cannot find them on his site

Alex has withdrawn the Gooseneck valve temporarily I believe for some reason. Perhaps he will see this and remind us what it was.

Though the Gooseneck valve could be used with the q-loq swivel it wasn’t ideal. Not imho anyway. The fact that the brush swivels when you twist the pole to operate the valves causes issues. 

These issues can be managed. I succeeded for a couple of months and quite got on with the two combined, until my g-valve stuck one morning and in my efforts to unstick it with the pole extended managed to break a perfectly good two year old SLX. 

However, if you wish to try you need this:

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/quick-loq-resi-neck-type1-swivel.html

You will need to remove the spindle through the middle of the angle adjuster and swap the fixed end with the swivel end off the new one.

My advice though would be to remove the Gooseneck valve and fit a Univalve and try the swivel with that configuration, otherwise your opinion of the swivel may be coloured by problems you will likely encounter whilst using the two together.

Yes mine is sticking in the morning first thing have to twist the brush by hand first thing I use it in a morning then after a while seems very lose, as in wipeing a sill would turn the flow of water off .

That is exactly how mine went. Then I forgot one morning, extended it and tried to turn it on. If it had been near vertical I doubt I’d have broken my pole as it would have been nigh impossible to get enough pressure to hold it down while I tried to turn it on. However, I had it fully extended over a large porch roof so it was easy to exert too much pressure on the pole. Split second later I’d busted the pole and I was kicking myself.

I replaced the broken pole with an Xtreme 22 and a brand new Gooseneck valve, but the Gooseneck valve was only on it for two hours and I took it off as it felt as sticky as the old one and I didn’t fancy my chances with it on the Xtreme.

So I went straight back to the Univalve. I got 18 months out of my first one before having to strip it down and regrease it. Operating a Univalve puts very little stress on the pole compared to the Gooseneck valve.

I like the concept of the twist action but it needs refining which may be why Gardiner’s have withdrawn it for the time being.

I have this quickloc pivot on a Tucker brush and it’s fine, no better or no worse than Richard’s Tecbuk Sidetrack that I’ve had for over four years. Excellent as Darren pointed out for off axis and then flipping on its side to run down the frames but fine control is missing. I also have their more recent one that attaches directly to the brush, better control, more useable angles and no chance of jack knifing under pressure and of course their latest  angled brush socket swivel gives even more options and is especially useful on low glass. I’ve also been playing with a prototype of Herman’s refined pivot idea and quite frankly with almost a weeks use under my belt it’s the smoothest most versatile pivot I’ve used...and I’ve used them all :)

I have this quickloc pivot on a Tucker brush and it’s fine, no better or no worse than Richard’s Tecbuk Sidetrack that I’ve had for over four years. Excellent as Darren pointed out for off axis and then flipping on its side to run down the frames but fine control is missing. I also have their more recent one that attaches directly to the brush, better control, more useable angles and no chance of jack knifing under pressure and of course their latest  angled brush socket swivel gives even more options and is especially useful on low glass. I’ve also been playing with a prototype of Herman’s refined pivot idea and quite frankly with almost a weeks use under my belt it’s the smoothest most versatile pivot I’ve used...and I’ve used them all :)
Hi Eric - You have used them all, but have you tried this swivel - been out about a month - Angled Brush Socket Swivel

angled_swivel_socket.jpg

This keeps the swivel close to the brush head, but at an angle that some users find more natural in use.

I like the concept of the twist action but it needs refining which may be why Gardiner’s have withdrawn it for the time being.

It has been withdrawn due to reliability issues with production. We found that for a percentage of clients it did not last long enough or reliably enough in everyday use.

We now have some improved versions out on testing with clients that had previously had issues to see if these improved production methods have worked.

I am not giving up on the concept as many of our clients (& myself) really like the simple twist action to control the flow - it is not for everyone, but for many it works really well.

Hi Eric - You have used them all, but have you tried this swivel - been out about a month - Angled Brush Socket Swivel

View attachment 11885

This keeps the swivel close to the brush head, but at an angle that some users find more natural in use.
Hi Alex, that one? No... I’m due to place an order with Peter in Oz and was hoping to grab a couple from him. The angle is the key and the one I’m using of Herman’s is designed that way...and I agree... it is more natural and allows the brush to pretty much sit flush to glass regardless pivot angle.

Hi Alex, that one? No... I’m due to place an order with Peter in Oz and was hoping to grab a couple from him. The angle is the key and the one I’m using of Herman’s is designed that way...and I agree... it is more natural and allows the brush to pretty much sit flush to glass regardless pivot angle.
I think that Peter is in the middle of placing his latest order with us - so if you let him know you want these he can make sure they are in the order :1f603:

On 08/11/2017 at 16:36, Green Pro Clean Ltd said:

What’s it like for plastic cleans around gutter brackets  ? Does the fact that it swivels affect the amount of pressure you can get at different angles ? 

Back