Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quitting - Employ/Lease?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Unclepigg

I've decided to leave the trade after 11 years - life's to short to be doing things/living places that you don't enjoy. I've been advertising my round for a year or so but still haven't sold it!   

My main issue is that I want to relocate, maybe do this part time elsewhere while I build up a new business. In the New Year I want to quit the physical work, after all I'm not getting any younger!  

I'm talking to a couple of guys at the minute, but if I don't sell to either of them, I have options of employing someone, leasing the work, or employing/contracting with an option to buy after a period.  Just wondering what people's thoughts are if they were in the same situation? 

Ideally, employing someone while I live away from here could be good, but I guess not feasible unless I was lucky enough to find a great employee first time.  Anyone ever employed someone with an option to buy as an incentive to work hard and stick with it?  

Am considering subbing some of my work out at some stage as i have accumulated a lit of work but I'm dreading it to be honest. Firstly finding someone who is right is a mine field and then hoping they do a good job and are reliable is another.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I wouldn't sub, you'll end up losing it. I sold half of my work off last year, it was a brilliant compact round, but the two who bought it weren't - and they have since lost a lot of it. I have decided that when I do eventually stop, I will try to sell the rest of it cheap, but I'm not really bothered, so I'll just stop, and let it go. I have bought and sold work over the last fifty years, and sometimes it's just not worth the trouble.

Latest Posts

Back