Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Does anyone use this ebay trolley?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I don’t use one of these but I will say that if the specs are accurate, which I am not calling into question, you likely won’t be able to use a Univalve with it if that is your chosen form of tap. I have three and none of them will work over 100psi. 

However, that aside it looks like a decent trolley. And the pump could easily be downsized to a 70-100psi version if it was a problem. 

I don’t use one of these but I will say that if the specs are accurate, which I am not calling into question, you likely won’t be able to use a Univalve with it if that is your chosen form of tap. I have three and none of them will work over 100psi. 

However, that aside it looks like a decent trolley. And the pump could easily be downsized to a 70-100psi version if it was a problem. 
He's selling it with a remote.

Personally, bragging at how high the psi rating of the pump is doesn't inspire me much. Having a pump at that rating will just use unnecessary power. The first Shurflo pumps used by us were 65psi and that managed to supply enough water at height with that pressure.

Generally it looks an OK bit of kit as an addition to your van as you won't be using it all the time. I haven't used a remote but I can't imagine me getting to grips with using the remote tbh. Where would I locate it for easy access? For example, if its in my pocket it will probably be the same pocket I put my van keys in out of years of habit. By the time I've got it out, sorted the orientation out and switched the water off with the right button I've probably wasted 1/4 of a container of water :1f633: . Do I put it on a piece of string around my neck?

I would tend to fit a Univalve and reduce the cutoff pressure as @Marko067 has suggested by cutting the pressure spring down a bit. (On the link below he shows a Spring controller linked to a Shurflo pump. If he is using a Shurflo 100psi pump on all his trolley's then the pressure can be reduced using the adjustment screw on the pressure switch housing.)

The supplier of this product registered with the forum a while back to promote his product, but then, he seemed to go as fast as he came.

He says he will stand by his product. After all, that's what a warranty, verbal or written, is all about. But its his (and any other businesses') after sales experience that indicates  whether that warranty is worth more than the paper its written on. If he doesn't do as he says, then it won't be expensive to replace any component that fails. For example a replacement universal pump is available from numerous outlets.

The interesting thing is in the statistics. I think we have a wide spread of windows cleaners in the UK registered on the 2 main wfp forums. I haven't seen any mention of them before, so over a 1000 sold? Ive only seen one post where someone else asked for peoples thoughts on this product and there wasn't one reviewer. Read into that what you will.

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/23606-compact-hose-reel-is-there-such-a-thing/?page=3

Last edited by a moderator:
You would be better off buying a Gardiners backpack, Yes it would hold 5 litres less but at just over a £100 it's ideal for the odd houses and is a lightweight bit of kit when empty. 

I have used mine more than I thought i would as I have the odd dotted about 1-2 houses on certain estates and its made things a whole load easier. 

@spruce he came, unashamedly not only started talking about but actively trying to sell his trolleys on here.  

Commercial sales on here as you know requires upgraded membership (in short if you want to advertise you got to pay) 

When Gav pointed this out he threw his toys outta the sand pit and left. 

If he's sold over 1000 he's not done so on here.  

Thanks for the replies.

I had looked a the gardiner option but with a decent trolley added it made it quite expensive.

I have a uni- valve so the higher pressure will be no good, I hadn’t realised this would be an issue.

I would like to make Mark’s design, I’m not great with wiring though which puts me off a bit.

@spruce he came, unashamedly not only started talking about but actively trying to sell his trolleys on here.  

Commercial sales on here as you know requires upgraded membership (in short if you want to advertise you got to pay) 

When Gav pointed this out he threw his toys outta the sand pit and left. 

If he's sold over 1000 he's not done so on here.  
Last on here on Wednesday at 00.01.

I agree that he came on here for a bit of self promotion to begin with.

He answered a couple of questions and then asked about his 450gpd r/o not working (an output tds of 70) after making 5000 liters of water which I thought a bit odd. But by my own admission, I'm getting rather grumpy and cynical in my old age.

Last on here on Wednesday at 00.01.

I agree that he came on here for a bit of self promotion to begin with.

He answered a couple of questions and then asked about his 450gpd r/o not working (an output tds of 70) after making 5000 liters of water which I thought a bit odd. But by my own admission, I'm getting rather grumpy and cynical in my old age.
I think we all are 

The seller's name is Chris, lives in Leicester and he's good as gold.

I've had one over a year and only use it for roofs and soft washing and had nothing but hypo and biocides pumped through it on very regular basis and still going ok.

I rarely remember to flush it through with clean water. Did at first but soon got in the habit of forgetting so I can't say I've looked after it but hasn't been a problem.

I've spoken to him a number of times about different things and he's very helpful. Got a spare charger that didn't work and he immediately replaced it with no fuss whatsoever.

Couple of months ago I was doing a big roof and 150 + sqm of Indian Sandstone - soft washing both while owners on holiday and worth a lot of money. I managed to lose charger and needed to get it charged there and then and not wait couple of days for him to post me one.

Now I'm not technically minded at all. Rung him up and explained situation and he said leave it with him.

Hour later he rings back having gone online to find a suitable alternative at the best price - was a streetwize charger in argos, gave me exact product info and told me how to charge it using alligator clips and opening up the machine to attach to battery.

It was charged and working again the same day. He didn't have to do that.

Seems like a sound fella to me and if you did have problems  with trolley I'm sure he'd sort it out / replace it.

And trolley is well built, robust and does the job. Definite value for money and I'd get another one. I'm amazed mine is still going considering the abuse it's had.

6 hours ago, mark m said:

i made have made loads videos of where and how to build a trolley I hope this helps someone 

The only thing that’s holding me back is the wiring, have you posted a wiring diagram anywhere Mark?

wiring really is a doddle. the PWM (controller) has 4 ports in, +- battery and +- pump, thats all you need to do. you can also wire in a charging port, which is just 2 more +- from the jack to the battery.

He states hes sold thousandOOOs yet, has only 1028 feedbacks would suggest he uses a little advertising speak? Plus no one on here has admitted to buying one ?  That said, if I was looking to buy a trolley system, at the price I would be very interested

I will have a closer look at Marks trolley wiring and see if I’m comfortable doing it, there’s another option on eBay with a lower power pump for £230.

Also have a look in the how to section on here, there’s a thread on building these trolleys if you fancy diying it.

I tried one, didn’t like it. Much prefer just a gardiner backpack on a trolley. You can get the same trolleys as they use for £50 on Amazon.

I went for this trolley in the end, there are 2 listings on eBay both seem  to be having digs at the other saying theirs is the best on eBay, so I asked each of them why theirs was better that the other. The first listing I posted replied and told me that the other guy had just copied his original design, he showed me a picture and it was indeed identical, his newer design has controls on the front rather than the top because top mounted lets water into the electrics box, the second guy didn't even answer so he didn't get my business. I did ask regarding the power of the pump and using a univalve and he says he uses a univalve with the same trolley without issue so I bit the bullet and ordered.

Item arrived and it was damaged in transit so he took it back with any issue, replaced broken parts and resent it, I fitted a Claber aguapony reel to it and it works perfectly, I'm very pleased. It's not the cheapest I know but it works well and does what I want.

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

Latest Posts

Back