Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

law on parking in Permitted areas

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amazin

I don't usually have a problem with the parking when I cleaning the front windows because I can easily keep an eye on it. If a warden shows up they usually just ask me if the van is mine then they would just leave me alone. Few days ago I was cleaning in a different area and I saw a warden taking photos of my van, I came down from my ladder and had a word with him. According to him it is not ok to park in the permitted areas, not even for a min without a permit. I was quite shocked because I never been told that before. I didn't get a ticket because he was going easy on me. 

Can someone please shed some light on the law regarding parking in the permitted areas ?

Last edited by a moderator:
He's right, mate. 

You have to look on it as most people are "generally" decent people,  I don't necessarily want to give you a ticket if you're standing there face-to-face with them,   And probably even more so with anyone that might look a bit dodgy like a lot of window cleaners ? (Fear factor)  They're only human after all. 

But if you wasn't there he wouldn't give a toss.  

In bath talking to a parking attendant he says so long as you look like your working they have no problems with any vans, when I worked for the company he told me to
Park on a single yellow not in the bay as this is for residents but as ever if it's only place to park them you have to just pop a note in windscreen saying your working at number ........

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

If you were Tradding the windows then then have no right to park there as your vehicle is not essential. 

In Nottingham the council provide 'special dispensation' for trades where vehicle is essential. Examples are removals vans, vehicles with fitted systems such as window cleaners, carpet cleaners at. 

However the dispensation permit is only temporary and you need to apply for it every time. 

This will vary council to council so the people to ask are your council 

Latest Posts

Back