Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which scenario is best choice.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Which one guys

• Option 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Option 2

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Option 3

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys.

Right ok here is scenario, you need a new can as oldie is finished. You do alot of personal use driving and alit of motorway and cover approx 20k per annum. Your current setup is a simple diy 350 tank strapped it with a bettery and controller with shurflo pump. 

Which of the following would you decide to choose

Option 1 - 66 reg citroen dispatch. 15k miles and 26 months warranty. Top spec, 1400kg payload, 2.0 150bhp, 6 speed. Eu6. This is £15.500.

Option 2 - 66 reg transit custom, basic spec, 1 tonne payload. 24 mobths warranty, 25k miles. This costs  £15k.

Option 3 - Transit connect 240, 1 tonne payload, 6 speed, good spec, 30k miles 18 months warranty, 16 reg, eu6, 1.5 ltr diesel, this costs £13k. Then use  £2.5k for sign writing and a new system and powerup reel possibly.

Thanks @Part Timer but ot will only be one of the 3 above mentioned. Due to my mileage and travel i want something reliable.

I just never have had great experiences with vauxhall / renaults vans and to be honest they are bigger than my needs. Thanks

I would go with the transit custom a bigger van is always handy if you ever do add-ons for you business 1ton pay load you can get a good size one my system. Transit with a system would still give you room to fit the kids bikes in or what ever so more useful for a family.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Cheers guys. I dont intend on ever needing more than 400 tank so i think size is probably not so important, transit connect l2 isnt small .

More so cost if van vs cost of van plus a system too i think. 

Any reason you couldnt get away with a smaller van? Partner, connect etc? Likely cheaper to buy, run and insure and if you only have a 350l system would be more than capable.

I bought my partner 4 years old with 40k on for 5 grand, if that was a transit, vivaro or bigger van the same age and mileage would have been 10k plus.

All I'm saying is why buy more than you need...if indeed you don't need a big van

If you are intending on keeping the van for a lot of years, Then I would go with a Ford van reason been their is loads of fords on the roads which will mean that replacement parts are easy to get hold of at a reasonable cost. 

But the question is why do you need such a big van for a one man set up, Is it down to the massive personal use .

@adamangler im talling about a connect mate in this thread.

Reason for the bigger van is just having space if i do need to put stuff in it. 

Also you get a 2.0 6 speed in the bigger vans more bhp so assuming nicer for motorway commuting. 

Id rather something newish no matter what van it is as i get manufacturers warranty and greater reliability which is essential for longer commutes and motorway driving. 

Just not sure if the connect will be upto it as much as the larger engined vans. 

Back