Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Worx Hydroshot

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Maund

Came across this, anyone used one? Thought it would be handy for applying chemicals as it can draw water from any source, and is cordless

I use one for applying hypo. I only use it up to a max strength of 4% and then really rinse it through after.
I used it today actually on a large house and only use it on the low setting and still had a bar of battery left on it.
The selectable nozzles are really handy too for applying a curtain of chemicals to walls and then the jet for the gutter etc.
Just mix up your chemical in a 20l drum, drop in the hose and away you go.
Mine more than paid for itself on the very first job it did so now it's just making money!
If it did die from the chemicals I wouldn't hesitate to buy another

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@Corps012588 I’ve just been looking at this for the exact same thing!

I've recently started roof cleaning, with the nozzle is it going to be ok for covering the roof from the scaffold tower (usually max 6-7 meter distance) and without too much overspray?

Thanks, Dave

@Dave Bass
Mine reaches above gutter height on a standard 2 storey property from ground level on the low setting so I would imagine so.
It's been a fantastic bit of kit in all fairness and it never leaves the van.
I did buy a higher capacity battery for it too.
Just remember to rinse well afterwards.
I normally just connect mine up and let it rinse through while I'm loading everything back on the van.
With regards to overspray. There is a fair bit of misting on the high setting but I never use that

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

@Corps012588

thanks mate, they’ve got one in my local Argos so off to pick up now. Did you get the detergent bottle etc? 

Where did you get your battery from? Amazon have one for £59.99 for the 4 amp 

Thanks, I was wondering if it was worth the extra as I doubt I’ll use any of the other accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I don't think it's worth it in all honesty. The machine is no kind of pressure washer replacement so it would be useless for cleaning the van but for applying chemicals it's great and pennies when you consider what it will earn. I've also used it for applying biocide and it's been great for that too

Charged the battery but haven’t had a play yet, got a roof clean on wed/thurs so hoping to test it this weekend

Would it be suitable to use on pebble dashed walls?

Depends how you want to clean it and what’s on it. Applying hypo & rinsing will be fine, pressure cleaning it shouldn’t damage it but may not be man enough to clean effectively.

I used last week on a roof, using the suction pipe (admittedly I was up a tower, wouldn’t suck up to the gutter line so had to run through a pump in the end) it barely had the power to reach the ridge tiles

Yeah, would be hypo and rinse just.I've an x jet m5 but it would be too much pressure for pebble dash.
Could it do a two story house ok?

Yeah it will be fine for that, it works better on the low pressure setting, as the higher pressure doesn’t go any further but has more misting. I can reach the gutter line, will be a stretch over a big conservatory though.

Hasn’t worked as well for roofs as I’d hoped, but going to keep it for hypoing pvc/render etc

Back