Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Nicotine sent me home sick.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddie dragon

Just spent 4 hours doing interior windows. Not done for over ten years an they both chain smoke. Clothes an even my hand is yellow. Felling ruff trying not to throw up so calling it a day.

@Eddie dragon if you still feeling rough have something sugary- the best thing is a straight table spoon of sugar , My BOTL tell me it helps curb the nicotine hangover .

Just spent 4 hours doing interior windows. Not done for over ten years an they both chain smoke. Clothes an even my hand is yellow. Felling ruff trying not to throw up so calling it a day.
Always been a non smoker, so understand  totally.....couldn,t do that job if asked.....would probably retch.

Should always wear gloves on a job like that. Nicotine will enter your system through your skin

Last edited by a moderator:
I did one last year. Her conservatory was her smoking room.

If she wasn't such a beautiful woman, I think I'd of turned it down too :))

Proper fit bit.

Anyway, sprayed it all up with Ubik, and came off like a dream. It looked brand new again, and she was soooo chuffed that she gave me a bj. I wish! lol I'm done with Fila & Tacchini now :-/ Oh dear...

Last edited by a moderator:
I do a few, if they bad I have nitrile gloves in car, im an ex smoker so probably doesn't bother me as much. I then to spray a little degreaser on window then trad as normal, comes straight off, write off the sleeve for the day tho.

Definitely messed up on that one. Even as a smoker I felt ruff all day. Missed two secondary glassing units when pricing. Totally failed to notice state of insides. On a better note got a email yesterday saying how good they look, an now after reqular service. 

Back