Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Biocide after Hypo?

Me personally say I have demossed and hypo'd a roof and rinsed all the hypo away I go back 6month later to spray bio (bak50) on said roof and it stops any organic matter coming back.
Doing it this way I find cost effective as the bio is more per litre than hypo and you get instant results with hypo.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

best to leve porus jobs like krend to dry out after hypo like 2 weeks or so then treat with bio  for a longer lasting clean if its standerd painted render then the next day would be fine to treat im no expert tho but thats what i would do 

you should always treat with a biocide after hypo has been used,

to put it in laymans terms and to get to the point hypo leaves salts after its been rinsed away-yes you could argue that rinsing gets rid of the salts but some will remain on the surface,alghi loves salts and in effect although that surface is now nice and clean you've made the perfect dwelling for a biofilm to start,applying a biocide after hypo will slow the biofilm from forming again 

Kevin said what I was about to say

The point of hypo is for an instant effect which keeps customers happy and gets you paid

Ddac (most biocides are ddac) is used (once the hypo is rinsed off to avoid unwanted reactions) to kill any spores still embedded in the surface you are cleaning and to make the finish last for an extended period of time 

dont for get to were ppe breathing apparaters with biocide as it will bugger your lungs up, try benz or algoclear pro 

i say to any dog owner the area i spray is out of bounds till its dry best to draw up a waver to cover your self any if or butts walk away

Back