Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fan jets

Do fan jets use more water? 

Not in my experience but that depends I recon on your method as some seem to find that they do.

I find that the black 100° give better coverage than the reds but they are noisy

How do I change jets in a gardiner brush?

Pull out the brass ones from the back of the brush with a pair of pliers or if you can find something small enough you can push them out from the front. The Gardiner fans push in from the front.

Technically shouldn’t they use less as the resistance to create fan should create pressure and slow flow ever so slightly

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Technically shouldn’t they use less as the resistance to create fan should create pressure and slow flow ever so slightly

Whilst I was getting used to them I initially used them on the same flow setting as the pencils. I overcompensated for the lower flow setting and my inexperience with them by over-rinsing. For a short while I used more water. I soon discovered though that fans work best on a high flow setting. When I realised this I found I could work faster. My water usage then went down considerably. I've worked solidly from 9am - 1pm this morning and only used 150ltrs. I shall probably only use about 75ltrs this afternoon. Total = 225ltrs.

A year ago I would have used about 300ltrs to do the same work

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to order 100% fan jets using backpack do you think will be powerful enough

Going to order 100% fan jets using backpack do you think will be powerful enough

I don't know what backpack you have but I have an electric sprayer similar to a backpack with a 3.1lpm pump in it and it's pretty good on full flow with the black fans, especially when I'm using a short hose (10mtr). It wasn't very good with the red fans though.

My trolley uses a 5lpm pump and I mainly use a 16mtr hose with it and I run it at 80% flow most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used what Gardiner call 100% fans for a couple of years and previously used the gardiner reds. Definitely use less water with the 100% than the reds.

Back