Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Suddenly taking 5 hours to make 100 litres?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all

Soooooo I have noticed the last week the water making seems to be have started taking much longer but been so busy I not had time to check it out. I tested a bit earlier and yep, after some simple mat it works out at 5 hours per 100 litres. It definitely wasn't that bad a few days ago as I have made enough for my 500 litres a day so although I have noticed a drop in production this has dropped dramatically the last 36 hours. Its strange because what is coming out the hose into the IBC seems about the same but it obviously cant be. 

So, I am needing suggestions guys. The filters DO need changing but that alone would not account for the dramatic drop so suddenly surely? The pump also is probably on its last legs but its still chugging along so I am at a loss right now. I have lost most of tomorrows work as I was expecting 500 litres when I got home and I only have about 200. 

Where should I start looking guys?

The colder water makes a huge difference to mine in winter. I'm a one man band so still get plenty for each day but I have noticed a significant drop off in production.

However, if you know you need to change filters that would be a good thing to do plus flushing your RO regularly.

The colder water makes a huge difference to mine in winter. I'm a one man band so still get plenty for each day but I have noticed a significant drop off in production.

However, if you know you need to change filters that would be a good thing to do plus flushing your RO regularly.
Yeah changing filters is n the to do list but it cant account for the sudden drop in production. Does the temperature make that much of a difference then? I was making 100 litres in 90 minutes before which was fine for my needs. That means production time has more than tripled! 

Yeah changing filters is n the to do list but it cant account for the sudden drop in production. Does the temperature make that much of a difference then? I was making 100 litres in 90 minutes before which was fine for my needs. That means production time has more than tripled! 

What RO are you using?  Mine 300gpd unit only does that in summer and with a booster pump

my 300 takes around 6 hours for 210 litres, on every day, cant put it on at night now as cold air  comes in around the window frame in the kitchen.    Ill have to get some holes drilled into the wall to feed the RO tube out, Save me putting it through frame, with window partially closed. Need to get this sorted now

my 300 takes around 6 hours for 210 litres, on every day, cant put it on at night now as cold air  comes in around the window frame in the kitchen.    Ill have to get some holes drilled into the wall to feed the RO tube out, Save me putting it through frame, with window partially closed. Need to get this sorted now
Mines in the shed with the booster pump so no chance I can have it on at night now. Its not even that cold right now here so god knows in a month or so

Think mine is the same. What does yours drop down to in Winter then?

Haven't measured it but it's very slow and much higher waste to pure ratio as well. If I had to guess I'd say it only produces 2/3rds what it does in summer.

Only just about keeps up with me. Fortunately I have a pure water supplier near me, so if I run short I can pick some up from there. Haven't had to yet though.

My 150gpd was producing about 20l an hour, I recently upped it to a 450gpd and it's doing about 45l per hour.

Not sure what the issue is but do you not have a D.I vessel handy?

On the rare occasion I didn't have enough for the day I would just attach a   d.i to the tap and top it up. Not ideal but keeps you working for now.

My 150gpd was producing about 20l an hour, I recently upped it to a 450gpd and it's doing about 45l per hour.

Not sure what the issue is but do you not have a D.I vessel handy?

On the rare occasion I didn't have enough for the day I would just attach a   d.i to the tap and top it up. Not ideal but keeps you working for now.

Like I say I’ve never needed to yet, but that’s a good idea as I do have a spare DI.

Latest Posts

Back