Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are there any members from N.Ireland on here.

vincent

Hi my name is Mark and I would like to know if there are any members on here who can give some advice on WFP window cleaning.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Trad for over 25 years. I had to sell my round a few years ago for health reasons so started up again. I've only about £1200 worth of work atm so I thought I would do the change over before I got too busy. I expected to lose a lot off work because I've advertised as a trad window cleaner for the last year but not lost one yet.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks for your replies lads, I was just wondering how you price window cleaning as I don't want to undercut the going rates, is it by the number of windows in a property or do you calculate by time taken in order to achieve an hourly rate.

Just a note to say I will have a wfp 650 full system for sale in jan/feb either own it’s own or including a 2014 Renault traffic with only 35k.
If this is of interest to anyone especially in NI let me know.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

For the last few months I've had a £10 minimum and then just work up from there. A lot off mine are three bed semi' s and are £12. If it's a big job I would work at around £1.25 per window unless they are hard to get at..

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sorry to just butt in here lads.An opportunity has come up for a window cleaning business round my way.im just wondering if any of you's could point me in the right direction for wfp systems in northern Ireland?costs etc..wouldn't have to be anything fancy.any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Sorry to just butt in here lads.An opportunity has come up for a window cleaning business round my way.im just wondering if any of you's could point me in the right direction for wfp systems in northern Ireland?costs etc..wouldn't have to be anything fancy.any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Hi mate first thing is you will probably only need di or double di as our water is very soft here, I'm in Bangor and my water is 35ppm. I was lucky to buy a van with everything in it when another window cleaner was getting a bigger van.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi mate first thing is you will probably only need di or double di as our water is very soft here, I'm in Bangor and my water is 35ppm. I was lucky to buy a van with everything in it when another window cleaner was getting a bigger van.

Just checked my postcode on ni water and it says the water around my area is moderately soft.so you would recommend di then?

Just checked my postcode on ni water and it says the water around my area is moderately soft.so you would recommend di then?
You would need to test your water first with a tds meter. I don't know we're you are but I know all around here is pretty soft, D'Dee is about 45ppm, Ards is around the 40's too. ( I have to fill up whenever I'm working in them places)

Back