Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

new 1000ltr tank cleaned but stinks

dasslr1

94 to go
many of you know I collect rain water and already have 1000ltr in back garden .I got a new one the other day to add to the collection , looks brand new opened it up and stinks of what smells like spirits ,maybe like a stong sanitizer ???? any way jet washed outside and inside even though it wasn't dirty. iv felt the inside wall to see if there was any residue of what ever was last in there ,there doesn't seen to be any it just feels like a fleshy jet washed tank should feel like .......... but it still stinks of this stuff . now whats the best option ?? just let it air out and hope the smell goes away or is it best to just keep filling the tank up giving it a clean and emptying out a few times ?  not really wanting to use chemicals on it but if I have to what do you guys recommend ?  

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock