Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How hot is too hot

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dr Von Samstein

Fitting immersion heater hopefully at the weekend and insulating tank with cellotex 

How hot Can I go before I start cracking glass? I’m thinking of setting thermostat to 60 degrees

Also what’s the temperature drop over 100m of hose laid over cold ground? 

Eg tank first thing in the morning is 60 degrees, what temperature will it drop to by the time it hits the glass?

thanks

60 degrees will do nothing to double glazing.   Whenever you hear tales of thermal shock it's always 'my mate told me blah blah' or 'I know a guy that blah blah'  It's never first hand information. 

Also remember that although the air temperature may be -2 the window wont be as it's being nicely heated from inside

I’ve been at a window it happened to 2 hrs before talking to the new window cleaner for the shop,
That was single pane on a retail and in winter though

Like green said if your doing resi double glazing units you’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Only real issue with temp at 60c is scalding, if you have direct contact with water - the risk of scalding above 45c does increase.

Temperature of water at source (outlet) will reduce significantly by time get through pipework to glass.

Otherwise, crack on

Although I would be happy with 45 degree water or even 30 I'm also aware that the hotter it is when I start the longer it will stay warm. Going to try and insulate it really well and hope it's warm into the afternoon

Back