Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp not allways best

these old victorion building are prone to it lucky i over priced the job as im ramed to be frank i realy injoyed a bit of triple work alltho it wasent maga high but high enough im quiet looking forwould the the next clean , the chap even texed me a few days after thanking me for doing a good job and also for not minding climbing the ladder  :1f44d:

Sorry mate but this had nothing to do with the building being Victorian it has to do with a non Victorian window being knackered and not closing properly. 

If this client had the window fixed or replaced then you wouldn't have this issue at all. 

this is were im golden i wont clean it if its leaking wfp i allways do the best job i can climbing a ladder is no biggy for me never has been i like to keep the ladder skills up to scrach ,like the old saying if u dont use it u lose it  :1f44d:  the chap never new it was not closing proply as when it rains no water ever came in it was only when the brush was there pumping water down the glass it leaked flow rate 60 

When it rains most often it comes down with wfp it goes more horizontal 

i have few old restaurants with leaky windows that I trad 

It's all well and good keeping up the practice but is a triple ladder not a little beyond that? Surely you could practice at a lower height? If you're rammed surely it's not worth the risk? Matter of opinion of course.

Can tell this is going to be a "to me.....to you" topic.
So i may as well add my tuppence worth.
It all depends on the day, the weather and if i think this customer justifies the climb.
Sometimes it yes
Sometimes it no
To me............ To you.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Can tell this is going to be a "to me.....to you" topic.
So i may as well add my tuppence worth.
It all depends on the day, the weather and if i think this customer justifies the climb.
Sometimes it yes
Sometimes it no
To me............ To you.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Not really mate.  As you know I have been hungry and when in that position there's not a lot a person won't do to earn the money and yes I've taken my share of the risks.  

However if it is truly unnecessary then why do it? Tenchs books are full.  So who's going to look after them when he's dead or crippled just for one poxy window? 

If you only do trad then that's one thing but the title of this thread was 'Wfp not always best'  Which isn't accurate at all.  It is always the best option for its there for, cleaning windows.  IF your customer on the other hand has a knackered old window that leaks then they shouldn't penalize you by expecting you to (literally) risk your neck to clean it. 

The HSE guidelines  (and hse is just guidelines) state that ladders should only be used where no safer alternative is available. So arguably you could watch a few Trad Man videos and just pole that window trad. 

UK is currently averaging 25 deaths a year from ladder falls.  2 every month. Not including serious life changing injuries that run into the thousands each year.  These numbers are still too high if you ask me.  

I would personally have pointed out the window to be faulty and pointed out that I won't be doing that one till it's repaired. 

There seems to sometimes be a fear on window cleaners to actually say no to a customer when the benefits of doing so are going to outweigh the risk. 

Sure not everyone has a decent WFP system or can afford one straight out the door but our Tench does.  If all you have to get you started is a ladder and bucket then your best but it should always be with an aim to moving to WFP as soon as possible. 

'Yeah well I know what I'm doing I been up nd down ladders 20 years' 

Well me too. I still fallen twice though. Once through my own stupidity and once through bad luck.  S**t happens and that's just a fact. 

I was doing gutter cleans, mainly by Vac, last week and had to climb onto a flat roof. Whilst taking the ladder down it stuck, so I bent down to release it, the top section, including stand off, then decided to crash down on my head. I never did like ladders. 

IMG_20171114_1050139.jpg

IMG_20171114_1144230.jpg

looks sore hope your ladders are alright lol, hear of people falling of them but not the other way round hope it heals quickly.

Latest Posts

Back