Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on Pricing Commercial Work

Mark H

Hi guys,

Just wondering how would you go at pricing commercial work on buildings that have large Windows, possible single storey interior (trad) and exterior (wfp).

I mean large, like glass panel sizes approx 4m X 2.4m then you have a a vertical supporting frame then a large glass pane with another supporting frame and so on so forth.

Would you show your travelling cost in your quote or not?

I have no experience in this field hence the questions.

Cheers

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I doubt the customer gives a rats ass on how you get to the price, they only want to know what it will cost them. All my quotes are based on how long I think it will take me, payment terms, how often are they to be cleaned and when I can clean them.

mark have you any pics mate

also where are you based,gd point doing shops etc is you can smash them out before you start your graft making you some extra la la

No pics sorry
Just a thought on how they would be priced. As part timer said hourly rate is one option.

Another option Would you break the glass units up into smaller ones (mentally) then basing each broken down unit as £1 or so. Then totalling them up + travelling cost?

Based in Wales

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I was asked to provide a quote for a large care home last month. A 12 monthly contract, after reading through their terms on equality, race, methods, vulnerable occupants, tender given out on 60% price and 40% quality I decided I couldn't be arsed perusing.

I've knocked one commercial on the head as payment was supposed to be within 28 days. It took 3 months and jumping through hoops to get paid. Work had to be completed by 8:00, so had to start at 6:00. They also asked for a quote for some separate work where I quoted mega bucks. They accepted the quote, then after a couple of months got back to me saying they'd asked for two other quotes which were a lot less and could I do anything with my price. I ignored the email, then I get an email back asking me when I could proceed with the mega bucks work. I smelt a rat and haven't been in touch since.

Domestic day to day hands down! 

^^^ sorry I didn't give any advice on pricing. It's a difficult one as a one man band will want what he earns a day and more whereas a company with multiple vans can go in lower knowing the owner will still profit due to paying workers less than the one man band man will want to earn. Some you'll win, some you won't.

At the end of the day the pricing will depend on how much you need the job. In an ideal world you will get £150 for a 4 hour job. If you need it you might be happy with £80, your call. We don't need your scenario 

No don't quote travel time, If it's a 30 min round trip and you want to earn £30 an hour then put on a extra £20.00 for travel.

With a big job its sometimes hard to estimate the time it may take. One of the schools I do I thought would take me 8 hrs in total including travel time. After a really rough first clean of 8hrs pure slog I have managed to get it done on the 3rd clean under 6hrs.

When going to a job with an view to quote, You need to take plenty of photos.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I recently secured my first commercial job office block once a month its about 20 minutes drive there and back so 40minutes round trip and it takes me 2hrs inside and outside I allowed 3hrs all in and got it for £150 :) works out £50 an hour more than covers my fuel and time.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The hourly rates looks a better option

Thanks chaps for the advice. It's good to know that I will always rely on guys on this forum for help and advice.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

Back