Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose extension, 8mm or garden hose?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nudel

Am going to do a school in the beginning of december and was looking at it today.

They have a lot of building going on so the yard is inaccessible with my van, which looks like I could end up being a little short on hose length. I have 100m of 8mm hose plus 15m pole hose.

I have about 80m of spare/old 8mm hose in the basement, but not on a mounted reel. Now regarding pressure, would it be better to just buy 25m of garden hose and hook it up to the van and carry my hose reel with me, or would the extra length of 8mm hose be fine?

I've read about some people running 2x100m hose, but they use dual pumps.

I have never done it but one of the local windies has to link 2 x 100 hose reels together (200m) to do a job. But at that distance you can't expect miracles.

I think there is a company selling microbore hose in 150m lengths but I can't remember who it is.

We have ran our 2 100m reels together before for a large job where it was easier than moving the van. No real issues, just push the pump a bit higher. Not sure how it would fair long term tho. Just made a rectus fitting to hose pipe connect to get from one reel to the next.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks guys. I'll bring my spare hose with me then, no need to buy more hose unless it's needed.

Might have to buy a #10-12 to extend my xtreme 47 so I can reach it all. Hope it's going to become a good earner.

Latest Posts

Back