Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

PF Resin

Kelsey Smith

Hi , 

I've recently set up my RO system and 10" inch DI vessel and my water is going into the vessel at 20ppm , I am changing the resin after around 100 litres of water which is really not great! , could it be the fact they sent me their copy resin which they said is the equivalent to the good stuff but I'm highly doubting that! , 

Thanks

Kelsey

Well they threw in a 5 litre bag with my order so I can't have a refund lol , I have ordered an 11 litre Vessel from Daqua which is filled with Resin , I'm hoping it will improve! 

Hi , 

I've recently set up my RO system and 10" inch DI vessel and my water is going into the vessel at 20ppm , I am changing the resin after around 100 litres of water which is really not great! , could it be the fact they sent me their copy resin which they said is the equivalent to the good stuff but I'm highly doubting that! , 

Thanks

Kelsey

This all sounds odd. What's your tap TDS, RO type?

In my opinion after receiving and using PF resin this summer . It's not fit for purpose.  

They were far from helpful when I complained. Up until then I had always received Tulsion resin for PF they were the only company I had ever used for resin. I have PF trolley and van system. 

But now I will never use them for anything ever. 

The TDS from RO goes from 12 to 20 ppm . 

My Tap TDS is between 250 and 290 , I have the 300 GPD RO system from PF, 

I've just ordered the 12 litre DI vessel from Daqua 

In my opinion after receiving and using PF resin this summer . It's not fit for purpose.  

They were far from helpful when I complained. Up until then I had always received Tulsion resin for PF they were the only company I had ever used for resin. I have PF trolley and van system. 

But now I will never use them for anything ever. 

I ordered my trolley and filters from them and I do love the trolley but as I've not had any resin to compare this stuff to I was unsure if thats as long as it should last with 20ppm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered my trolley and filters from them and I do love the trolley but as I've not had any resin to compare this stuff to I was unsure if thats as long as it should last with 20ppm.
When I first started I was  using the same system you are now, water going in was 20/22ppm tulsion resin would last roughly two and a half weeks Producing about 200L a day working a 4 day week. 

Currently I have a 4 litre vesal tulsion  usaly lasts 5 weeks  (Using a lot more water) There "equally good stuff" would last 6/8 days.

A 10" DI vessel isn't much cop. I very quickly bought a double 7litre DI and that lasts for ages. The 10" used to go up to 3ppm after a day or two! The 7 litre vessels last about 2 months. I buy either tulsion or PF resin and personally find no differences between the two. 

The black resin is manufactured by a company called Aldex. It was claimed by them in a story a ship was diverted from Tulsion which had black resin which was totally incorrect.

Their supplier Resin Products that supply the likes of PF, TCW, WCW and this product was labelled as MB-115 and sold as Tulsion. 

The selling rules are pretty strict and what they are doing is breaking the law.

Why they do not sell it under the proper name Aldex MB as they should under the selling law who knows.

I was speaking yesterday to a respected person in the Ion Exchange Industry and they were offered this product. They did their tests and it was a firm NO as the quality was not up to specification.

There is however a major shortage of resin so this does fill the gap but is being sold under false pretence.

Looking at what people are saying it is performing 50% less capacity than Tulsion. So at selling price based on input of 100 ppm it comes out at 0.024p per litre.

Tulsion comes out at 0.013 per litre at 100 ppm.

You then have higher priced brand like Purolite which comes out at around 0.016p per litre.

I received this black resin from purefreedom a couple of months ago believing it to real, until I got to the checkout. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and when I complained they assured me it was a quality substitute on par with Tulsion.
I used it for a few days and it was blocking the strainer on my pump and all this black detritus was blocking my system. And they blamed my set up, even though it was a quality supply and fit from Grippatank. Even now if I was to run my tap into a bucket first thing in the morning this black **** runs out for a short while,
In hindsight I really should have gone to Trading Standards, but life gets in the way and we're all busy people.
I would not go near Purefreedom even for a "o" ring.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I received this black resin from purefreedom a couple of months ago believing it to real, until I got to the checkout. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and when I complained they assured me it was a quality substitute on par with Tulsion.
I used it for a few days and it was blocking the strainer on my pump and all this black detritus was blocking my system. And they blamed my set up, even though it was a quality supply and fit from Grippatank. Even now if I was to run my tap into a bucket first thing in the morning this black **** runs out for a short while,
In hindsight I really should have gone to Trading Standards, but life gets in the way and we're all busy people.
I would not go near Purefreedom even for a "o" ring.

Thay told me the same. You must have your system set up wrong. 

I also a a grippa tank system, static. 

They also said they had not had any other problems with this resin and it was equally as good as Tulsion mb115. 

If I wanted a refund if would need to send all the unused resin back (at my cost) they would then have it tested and let me know the outcome. 

I through it in the bin as now I didn't trust them. When I first asked for a refund on the phone they said it wasn't possible because the bag was open. There attitude changed slightly when I started emailing them but not to the point they really wanted resolve the issue. 

I had had a problem with them once before receiving an lessa product than I had ordered but wasn't told at point of purchase and still charged the full price. 

Thay told me the same. You must have your system set up wrong. 
I also a a grippa tank system, static. 
They also said they had not had any other problems with this resin and it was equally as good as Tulsion mb115. 
If I wanted a refund if would need to send all the unused resin back (at my cost) they would then have it tested and let me know the outcome. 
I through it in the bin as now I didn't trust them.
I had had a problem with them once before receiving an lessa product than I had ordered but wasn't told at point of purchase and still charged the full price. 
Yep. They also told me to post it back at my cost so it could be "analyzed" . Same script,
If it were a few of us who had accidently been sold this they may have done the honourable thing and reimbursed us, but we may be the tip of the iceberg.

Has the 11 ltr vessel made any improvment as in having the same issue as you and i have just ordered a 7ltr vessel.

Well as the 11 ltr vessel will last a lot longer I won't know if it's as efficient as it should be until the ppm starts to increase. I'm almost certain it was the shitty resin though 

Back