Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best pole on a budget?

L

Liam2302

I’m looking to get the gardiner backpack but at the moment the poles are out of my price range, not sure about the cheap ones on eBay but what would you recommend for a decent price (under £100) that will get me started I don’t mind about it being a bit heavy as it will just be for now to get me going and will invest in a gardiner pole as soon as the business picks up..

TIA

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Don’t know what length pole you are looking at but the Gardiner’s clx is a good cheap pole , lasts well ,light good all rounder as a starter pole have a look on there web site depending on length is around the £100 mark 

I would personally stretch your budget if you can to a clx22 otherwise you will only end up spending more money longterm and get a Ultimate brush medium mixed .

dont understand why your budget is so low. If you're making £40 - 50 an hour, which you should be, you can afford a decent brush. I've got the slx25, absolutely brilliant, does ground, first and second floor easy. well worth the investment.

You need to be looking at a decent carbon composite pole (like the CLX range) at the minimum where the pole is concerned. The only thing cheaper is a glass fibre pole. These tend to be heavy and they are also horible on the hands and they usually wear much quicker. You will seriously regret it if you go that route.

If you really can't wait then at least wait till you can afford at the minimum a CLX22, unless you have or plan on doing a lot of three story work, in which case a CLX25 or better yet an SLX25. (SLX25 is full carbon and is more rigid and easier to control at height)

Yes, all these expensive lightweight poles are much better, but your question was not about that. It was about a budget pole. The Harris decorators pole is perfectly adequate for the vast majority of domestics. You can always upgrade later and you'll still have your Harris pole for doing gutters and conservatory roofs.

Have a look at this: 

B&Q no longer have the pole as a stock item, but you can get it from Amazon.

This forum is sometimes a bit like someone asking for advice about getting their first car on a budget and being advised to go for nothing less than a new Quattro as you'll want one later.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want a cheap pole thatll last either a hybrid or alu pole is your best bet. I use a water genie barracuda, great bit of kit, slightly cheaper that clx, but imo having had a look and having worked with my mates clx its a bit lighter and just as good. From what ive heard the facelift renegade isnt a bad alu pole, albeit heavy.

53 minutes ago, seymour sunshine said:

Yes, all these expensive lightweight poles are much better, but your question was not about that. It was about a budget pole. The Harris decorators pole is perfectly adequate for the vast majority of domestics. You can always upgrade later and you'll still have your Harris pole for doing gutters and conservatory roofs.

Have a look at this: 

You're absolutely right seymour, I missed the point of the OP.  Though I stand by what I wrote it was in fact the wrong answer to what was asked. That was an excellent post.

The answer is the SLX

Its the best bang for your buck pole you can buy.

A clx or similar or a glass or alloy is a waste of money, if you can afford 150 for a clx, pay 250 for the slx or youll only end up buying twice.

That said, i started with a harris pole which is better than a cheap glass pole

Latest Posts

Back