Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long should DI polishing unit stay at 0 ppm.......

WCF

Help Support WCF:

...........with a ppm of 5 going in? I bought a new 450GPD RO unit and a di polishing cannister pre filled with resin. Not sure what the size it, it's only a small one. Probably 1 liter of resin? It was only installed Friday at it has been brilliant since. Water going into Di was 5 and out at 0. Brilliant. I noticed yesterday the output is now 1. Left it as thought it may be a fluctuation but it's still 1 this morning. 

I thought the resin would have kept me at 0 for longer than a few days even if it is a small Di. A tds reading if 5 in should not have pushed the output up already surely?

Any ideas please? 

I used the small 1 litre one for a few months, I finally got fed up with it and went for a 11 litre di vessel. I have not been using the 11 litre one for 2/3 months and haven't needed to change the resin yet. You can get a refurbished one for around £40 on eBay.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hmmmm thanks guys. I must have only made about 1000 litres from new so still think it is a bit early to be creeping up already. Correct me if I am wrong(I usually am!)  but the larger Di vessels just mean you change the resin less no? 

So do you guys think that 700ml of resin should only produce about 1000 litres before stating to creep. Spruces link (thanks mate) indicates it should be at least three times that. Not sure what else would cause it so early as like I say, the whole system is new. 

Mine lasts ages, but I always disconnect the feed to it while I flush the system for 10 mins or so, and connect it up when everything's ready to go as I heard that is good for it.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Made another 400 litres today aaaannnnnnnd now we are up to 2 ppm! That can't be right after 5 days and less than 2000 litres. 

My 10" DI is a funny one too. It's 005 going in.

It'll be 000 coming out for the first 1000 ltrs, then 001 for maybe the next 2-3000 ltrs then creep to 005 over the next 1000 ltrs at which point I change it for a fresh canister.

I use Tulsion resin from Gardiners

Back