Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

driving for 15 minutes uninsured

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

checked the petrol receipt and got it at 23 58.  Would have driven down the shopping street road just after that And think there's an ANPR camera where drove but not sure how to check for sure. Would have driven past it roughly between 12.03pm-12.08pm. . The insurance company just said this won't affect anything with them until if there's a letter from the police. Then they must be informed.   Would have been uninsured from 12.00 midnight to 8.30am.   And drove from 12.00-12-15.  The vehicle parked in private parking.

As this is because  forgot to renew and drove past 8 mins after it expired then renewed at 8 30 next morning(the car parked outside flat all night) would there be a way of contacting the police if there's one of these letters and asking for sympathy? Think you would get 6 points but not sure, but it's not like was driving deliberately for 6 months, is it?

How to deal with this?  What will happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Over here your covered for a couple of day after its up I’ve forgot a couple of times to call in and pay the insurance on a Friday and went in Monday and was I still covered they said I would have been covered

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Crazy thing is drove up street (where camera might be) before midnight and it would have clocked as insured then 8mins later would have clocked same registration as uninsured. 

say nothing until you get a letter stop being i shiity **** and get on with it , no point in worrying its done now , your probably ok , the police wont give an inch on no insurance so its 6 points and fine and your insures will double if you get caught , 

which will serve you right you could of killed some one at 1201am or ran into the back of someone at 1202am forgetting is no excuse  

Back