Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just how?

Gazz

There is an area local to me, around 1-2 years old. Houses are still being built in this area and there is generally a trad cleaner doing this full house, front and back for £5.00. I priced it up at £12.50, which is 10 windows, 1 front door and 1 patio door. 

If this house is priced at £5, others must be £3.00.

In Scotland this is a standard £200k home, other places in the UK it's possibly more. 

He's a glass only cleaner. The home owner seemed shocked that I do it for £12.50, which I believe is reasonable.

I said I clean all windows, sills, frames and doors. I'm licenced and Insured which is mandatory in Scotland. She went I doubt he has any of that.

I just don't understand. Clean 30 houses per day to make £150, or clean 15 and price them correctly. 

image1-640x480.jpg

4 bed detached I would be charging £14 on a six weekly frequency and cleaned with WFP, any extensions or conny Windows would be charged separately. I will not budge on price and I don't care what other windys are charging in my area. I am from Ayrshire in Scotland. 

For that house in the photo with no conservatory I would charge £12. 

What's that? Someone else will charge you just £5? No problem luv.  Have a nice day.  

Turn key and drive to next job. 

You can't dictate to any one what the price 'should' be. If someone wants to clean windows for  £1 per house that's his business and there's naff all you can do about it. 

Was this the last house and only potential customer in your area for the next 12 months?  I doubt it. So why stress it?  Just forget it and move on. 

It just makes you think though. Someone who has paid £200k+ for these brand new houses won't pay out to make sure there windows, frames, sills and doors get cleaned. Happy to pay a glass only guy £5.

My council or private rent customers happily pay the price and it's not even there home. 

I'm going to this area and I'll charge  £10 just to get into the area. It's 2mins from my house so it's worth it.

Ditto - would look at £15 for that. Customer recently cancelled me after a fairly pricy first clean as relative of theirs said he has a bigger house, more glass, but was paying half what I had quoted for a regular monthly.

Just replied “not all window cleaners created equal” and moved on [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

For that house in the photo with no conservatory I would charge £12. 

What's that? Someone else will charge you just £5? No problem luv.  Have a nice day.  

Turn key and drive to next job. 

You can't dictate to any one what the price 'should' be. If someone wants to clean windows for  £1 per house that's his business and there's naff all you can do about it. 

Was this the last house and only potential customer in your area for the next 12 months?  I doubt it. So why stress it?  Just forget it and move on. 

You've ditched your minimum £15 pricing then green?

interesting that most are around the same price £12-£15 with people  quoting there price from differnt parts of the uk yet the cost of living can vary massively.Pick that house up and put it in my town and you would pay £450k-£525k and yet the domestic shiners round here would never price that house at say £25-£30 which leaves a lot less in the pocket after mortgage/rent costs than the northern window cleaners.

Back