Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aviva insisted tank is bolted down and factory fitted?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

Would Lee Martin or Stephen be classed as factory fitters?  Aviva have written it into my policy.  Don't want to pay someone like gripper tank loads of money for this

change insurers if you don't want to go to that expense, You need to ask aviva what their definition is of factory fitted. 

Don't know what the difference would be getting crushed by a pallet of bricks in the back of year van,, these insurance companies are taking the pee if ye ask me!!

Basically I was stupid, after giving my name and details I asked if I got a tank (have 10 barrels at moment) would it need to be bolted or ratcheted.  Aviva then wrote into my policy  that it must be bolted down/factory fitted.   If I hadn't asked I wouldn't  have a problem.   Yes, I can change to gladiator or A one insurance and legally rachet anytime, but it's £100 more and I can't drive another person's car.   Aviva have given me a sweet deal except this bolting/factory fitted obligation.   

I am not paying rip off gripper tank to do it so would Lee Martin's blade right or Stephen Scargill be classed as factory fitters?  They can bolt it down.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Grippatank are more expensive, but I value my safety over cost.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Surely Lee Martin would bolt it down adequately.  Blade right is his company.   Could call anonymously and ask them showing them Bladeright's details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back