Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stupid silly mistake

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddie dragon

Went out an had a few to many last night. Forgot to put oil filled rad in van. Everything is frozen so late start today. Fingers crossed no problem when defrosted. 

I bring the ro indoors from shed for icy weather as not practical to heat it, is full of gaps/holes etc. Ive been leaving the di in there wrapped in blanket/bubble wrap, hope thats enough. As for the van, I have pump, controller, tank and reel all left in there. I put bubble wrap on pump but I doubt this does much. Anyone had pumps freeze up and become fooked?

I bring the ro indoors from shed for icy weather as not practical to heat it, is full of gaps/holes etc. Ive been leaving the di in there wrapped in blanket/bubble wrap, hope thats enough. As for the van, I have pump, controller, tank and reel all left in there. I put bubble wrap on pump but I doubt this does much. Anyone had pumps freeze up and become fooked?

Pumps are usually fine, never had a problem in 10yrs, even when the tanks been a block of ice. Hose reels are a bigger problem, if it’s a petal style reel the inner spindle is plastic, it can split and leak if it freezes. 

out today at 7, car frozen but backpack was in house, mainly trad today due to houses being right on footpath, hands hated it for first hour but apart from that all good.

Everything was fine once defrosted. I get worried about the ro so usually run oil filled rad over night. 

Had to have extra drink to get over the shock. Went to theatre in Oxford. Three pints an three vodka and cokes. £40.82. Had to go pup over the road to recover. 

We lost a cat pump on our petrol carpet cleaning machine in the frost earlier this year. Was frozen and the engine started smashing the rods to pieces. Live and learn, electric blankets for the cold nights now!

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I don’t bother going out anymore if there’s ice on the roads. Braking distance on van full of water is bad enough anyway in normal weather. Also you get those idiots still doing 30mph when its -3 outside, and if you slip or if your water from cleaning freezes overnight and customer ends up slipping i’m sure i’d feel bad. Work harder in summer and sit tight when its sub-zero i do. Luckily we are on the coast so rarely goes below zero. Dont know how window cleaners further inland get by at all during winter!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back