Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sticker removal wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

Has anyone used a sticker remover in a back pack with wfp with any success ?? Fighting a losing battle here 

I scraped the **** out of it 3 story. The stickers have been well on for over a year and the glue has just smeared down the window. Off course they look clean until you go half way down the ladder and look back up  :banghead3:  . It's a builders clean so came to the agreement that I'll need another days pay to clean it

What are you trying to clean exactly? Residue left from the stickers when the windows are first installed, or windows that have had advertisement/tinting vinyls? Either way a scraper usually does the job for me. Sometimes I’ve found residue that is only revealed when the glass gets foggy (usually shop fronts) for this i just rub them away with some solvent and a cloth. I use nail varnish remover but only cos I found a load of bottles in a hotel room I was cleaning, any solvent should do.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

What are you trying to clean exactly? Residue left from the stickers when the windows are first installed, or windows that have had advertisement/tinting vinyls? Either way a scraper usually does the job for me. Sometimes I’ve found residue that is only revealed when the glass gets foggy (usually shop fronts) for this i just rub them away with some solvent and a cloth. I use nail varnish remover but only cos I found a load of bottles in a hotel room I was cleaning, any solvent should do.

The glue has ran down the window like a smear from the sticker. Worst I've seen. 

If, as he stated above, he’s going to need another days pay to clean it, then...yeah? Its justified, can probably hire one for £50 an hour or something, saves putting a scaffold up. however small the job may be if it cant be reached from a ladder or scraped from a pole then, it is the only other option really. If you’re gonna build 3 storeys then slap stickers on the windows and want them off then maybe they should’ve thought about that before sticking them on there. I usually price out builders cleans, hate doing them. Tape the windows up when you’re working and dont make a hell of a mess & ruin somebodies property, expecting that someone else will be able to clean it up. Ive seen builders/painters etc literally destroy peoples windows & frames, its poor workmanship no?

Got them sorted. Literally took another full day. Used nail polish remover and thinners. It seemed to be worse on the side the sun was shining on as it made the glue smear all down the windows from the stickers 

Latest Posts

Back