Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soaping the applicator

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mike007

My normal technique is to wet the applicator and then put a bead of detergent along it, and diluting with water as needed while working

Thinking of altering to having the water and some detergent already in the bottle and skipping the bead of detergent on the applicator.

Using moermans mostly, what do you think or suggest???

I'd stick to wetting sleeve,and putting soap directly on to sleeve,or polzn bladz style,putting a blob on to the glass. Don't think you can get it much more efficient than that,at the moment?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Both Trad and Bobs style ensure consistency of mix which in turn optimises slip. I resisted doing either for so long because of bloody mindedness but after doing this now for the past six months I feel like giving myself a good slapping ? I use an Ecover/IPA mix which is quite thin so ‘Bob’s Blob’ doesn’t work for me but ‘Trad’s Trail’ on the scrubber or Fliq is really  efficient. I personally think adding water to the soap mix would mess with consistency.

I apply soap directly to sleeve too Eric. Works brilliantly for me! [emoji4]

Not tried the Bobs blob technique out,but it works for Bob in his vids,so horses for courses and all that,not sure what solution he uses tho.

I will go back to using ecover,as tried hand wash after watching a wagga video,it's got tremendous slip,but I don't like it being on my hands all day!

Can't beleive I used to fill bucket on a belt up when I first started,and had solution run all down the glass,and zero control of it!

Didn't understand how critical control of solution was.

But got there in the end. [emoji846]

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back