Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£5 Window Cleaners Yorkshire

If someone happy to work for a fiver a house thats cool with me, the thing i dont like is it drives the prices down, makes people think thats the "going rate" . If we all charged a fair price we would all benefit, some just dont get it that by undercutting its making it a race to the bottom. 

completely agree. There are areas i can't work because of these cowboys. Some clients just think im ripping them off when i give them a quote and it's vastly more but thats life. Just makes me laugh sometimes when they get **** results and i ask how much did you pay and its £5

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

https://www.facebook.com/5-window-cleaners-Yorkshire-1185122891632780/?ref=br_rs

If this is anyone on here you ought to be ashamed of yourself, no wonder we cant get decent prices round here  :1f4a9:
Just seen the 1 star review ? is that your review mate?
Think there's a guy round my way does the old folks bungalows for 4 quid!? Fair enough I guess, they're only ground floor. And a quid a window? Probably works out about that.
But £5 for ANY house? Wtf?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Are they declaring all earnings or even legit? Where I live is full of beer token boys, most would probably clean Buckingham Palace for a fiver if they could  :window-cleaner-emoticon:

I will put this one way, there is always going to be folk who will work for pittance avoid paying tax etc. Far as I’m concerned these types are servicing the types of customers I wouldn’t want anyway and someone has to clean for these types I guess! 

We can all disagree with what some people are prepared to charge. What you have to remember is that charging £5 a house could mean they are earning £15 an hour, with next to no expenses.

It's fine everyone saying they should be wanting £30+, but if you've worked for minimum wage then double that is good money in their eyes. I've said since I first came on here, I can get my 4 bed semi cleaned, very well, for £5. The bloke that owns it works as well and has worked my estate for 20 years. 

If the people are fiddling then whose fault is that. 

@Part Timer what you've just said goes to show how most of us just want a cheap price. 

You are getting your windows cleaned for a fiver, I doubt whether you care less if he is insured or is fiddling. It's none of your business after all. 

Same here I could get mine cleaned for a fiver, and honestly if I was looking for a windy I would take the 5 quid guy because as long as he did a good job j couldn't care less about anything else.

So it seems that we enabling cheap prices.

Funny how we want good prices but don't want to pay them.

I just base my prices on the knowledge that there a better people out there than me, who have higher standards and would rather pay more. After all we are all different and you can't base your prices on just because you wouldn't pay it no one else will. 

@Part Timer what you've just said goes to show how most of us just want a cheap price. 

You are getting your windows cleaned for a fiver, I doubt whether you care less if he is insured or is fiddling. It's none of your business after all. 

Same here I could get mine cleaned for a fiver, and honestly if I was looking for a windy I would take the 5 quid guy because as long as he did a good job j couldn't care less about anything else.

So it seems that we enabling cheap prices.

Funny how we want good prices but don't want to pay them.

I just base my prices on the knowledge that there a better people out there than me, who have higher standards and would rather pay more. After all we are all different and you can't base your prices on just because you wouldn't pay it no one else will. 
No I'm not getting them cleaned, I did before I set the business up. Its because of him, and his ilk, I decided to aim at commercial not residential. I have a minimum charge of £10 but don't chase it. To be honest I don't enjoy doing residential because of the hassle of organising gates, payment etc

Last edited by a moderator:
With the sheer volume of glass out there what does it matter? Weather he charges £5 per house or £50 per house he can only do so many houses in one day.  

Even if doing 25 a day every day of the week that's only 500 a month.  There's tens of thousands of houses around your way Adam. 

I personally fail to see the concern.  It's not like your clients are calling you up asking for a price match now is it? 

With the sheer volume of glass out there what does it matter? Weather he charges £5 per house or £50 per house he can only do so many houses in one day.  

Even if doing 25 a day every day of the week that's only 500 a month.  There's tens of thousands of houses around your way Adam. 

I personally fail to see the concern.  It's not like your clients are calling you up asking for a price match now is it? 

No not overly concerned, just found it a bit disappointing more than anything why people want to work for so little when they can earn more if they just open their eyes. 

Just think it drags the prices down and when you quote someone and they say "oh last guy only charged a fiver" which happens quite a lot.. you know it's someone like this that is enabling that to continue...

But of course you are right, they can only do so much, I kind of realised this after I had posted it

Aye plenty of glass in Wakefield for us Yorkshire window cleaners to go round. as you well know mate  :1f609:

Latest Posts

Back