Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gazz

Nope this ain't a complaint about the system type of post. The product its self is truly amazing for my jump to wfp.

Just looking for advice from anyone who's added a reel of some sort to fix the hose issue I have. 

I constantly drag my sacktruck wheels over the hose and then before I know I'm trying to extend the pole with the flow spraying and the hose is stuck and stops me from extending the pole.

I'm looking for any tips to help fix this. I want it a bit more organised. I tried to keep the hose in my hand but it just doesn't happen for me. 

Anyone got a solution or found a good reel that works?

Check out the range if you have one, they do a mini hose reel that’ll hold 30m+ of microbore, or pole hose, and they’re about £5

I know the guys here rate exceed hose I can get a link from them if u like? My gardner hose on backpack is kinking a lot now too mate..lot of variety in hose quality in wot I am told anyway

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Claber aquapony looks good to me

Someome on here mentioned it so i looked it up

Looks perfect

If not wilko etc have ok ones

Nope this ain't a complaint about the system type of post. The product its self is truly amazing for my jump to wfp.

Just looking for advice from anyone who's added a reel of some sort to fix the hose issue I have. 

I constantly drag my sacktruck wheels over the hose and then before I know I'm trying to extend the pole with the flow spraying and the hose is stuck and stops me from extending the pole.

I'm looking for any tips to help fix this. I want it a bit more organised. I tried to keep the hose in my hand but it just doesn't happen for me. 

Anyone got a solution or found a good reel that works?
I think you need to do a search on the forum for threads similar to this one.

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/23606-compact-hose-reel-is-there-such-a-thing/

However, I wouldn't advise about getting too carried away with adding a hose reel to a Gardiner Backpack. Most backpacks use small pumps which aren't really designed to push water down a long piece of hose. Overworking a small pump will reduce its longevity.

The guys using the type of trolley mentioned in this post use bigger pumps. Bigger pumps use more current so require bigger batteries to power them. A backpack is heavy enough with 22 liters of water in it without adding further weight with a heavy battery and bigger pump.

My son uses his (mine actually) Gardiner back pack 90% of the time. He links it with a SLX25 which he says provides him more than enough hose to work comfortably with. If he is doing 2 upstairs windows he positions the backpack on the ground in the 'middle' of the windows and cleans then cleans them both without moving the backpack. I can also manage fine with my SLX22 but the backpack is too heavy for this old man to lug around nowadays. If I have to use it I try to half fill it as its easier for me to carry.

With a backpack you need to start at the closest point (thats when your backpack is full of water and its heaviest) and work further away as the pack gets lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

From my personal experience I tried this.Purchased a reel and 30 metres of yellow pvc hose.Within 5-10 minutes pump was shot.

Hi

From my personal experience I tried this.Purchased a reel and 30 metres of yellow pvc hose.Within 5-10 minutes pump was shot 
I used a backpack for ages with about 70m of hose on a reel in the boot of a car when i first went wfp

No problems at all

I know Gardiners won't warranty it over 20m or whatever it is but it took a load of hypo regularly pumped through 70m of microbore and 15m pole hose to finally kill it

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back