Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can you traditionally clean a conservatory?

Ash Smith

Yes I'm a newbie and yes unfortunately I have a billion and one questions, this is one I have please .... Can you traditionally clean a conservatory ? Also how would you go about pricing it up? Thank you , Ash 

I be honest I use water fed pole clean roofs it the easiestway to do it. I know the restoration guys use a special conservatory ladder and do what whites with solvent cleaner and the glass with either a squeegee or glass cleaner depends on the angles.

But I know those ladders are expensive and a cheap setup for water fed pole would come in at almost the same Price and solve all your problems with hard to reach windows as well.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I cant afford to buy water fed sysytem just yet i need to build up my round, expereince and confidence yet, plus i cant make pure water so its trad for me for now

You can do it with a trad pole, and long handled brush but, it seems like whatever you have charged is not worth it. It's bloody hard work, you'll wish you just said no.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Agree with TolishApurd!
Always cleaned traditionally
Takes forever and thee end result is not really satisfying although customer is happy
Say bye to your shoulders for a couple of days!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I cant afford to buy water fed sysytem just yet i need to build up my round, expereince and confidence yet, plus i cant make pure water so its trad for me for now

You don't need to make pure water. You can get it for free every time it rains. Seriously, If you're only looking for small amounts for a few special jobs, rainwater is the way to go. A diverter for your downspout is only a few quid and you only need a regular-sized dustbin-full (about 80 litres) every so often.

But, yes, you're right. Build things up first.

But ALWAYS keep the idea of rainwater in the back of your mind.

When i was trad i used a cheap fibreglass wfp pole off ebay and used customers tap

Once clean i would pull all the water off with a squeegee on a pole

Only effective way to do it trad

If it's a plastic roof though happy days as you don't need to get the water off

When i was trad i used a cheap fibreglass wfp pole off ebay and used customers tap

Once clean i would pull all the water off with a squeegee on a pole

Only effective way to do it trad

If it's a plastic roof though happy days as you don't need to get the water off

Absolutely 100% correct.

And here's the technique I've used:

1 - Water on - Thoroughly soak the entire roof, cappings, finial.

2 - Water off - Dip the brush in a bucket of diluted non-caustic tfr (alternative - use spray) and agitate everything - repeat as often as needed to completely emulsify dirt

3 - Water on - Rinse - scrub - rinse - scrub as often as necessary.

4 - Rinse

Absolutely 100% correct.

And here's the technique I've used:

1 - Water on - Thoroughly soak the entire roof, cappings, finial.

2 - Water off - Dip the brush in a bucket of diluted non-caustic tfr (alternative - use spray) and agitate everything - repeat as often as needed to completely emulsify dirt

3 - Water on - Rinse - scrub - rinse - scrub as often as necessary.

4 - Rinse
I do it similarly except i use hypo nowadays diluted to 2% and use a bucket

Dip brush in and scrub onto roof

Quick brush in and turn water on and clean away

I use hypo as nothing gets the black and green off the finials and struts easier

Never liked tfr but used to use screwfix no nonsense degreaser with a little fairy to make it stick and not run off so quickly

Back