Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

25-30% More Resin Efficiency

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Steve Barker

Hi All

First post so please forgive any rules/regs/etiquette I get wrong etc.

So; I'm a traditional window cleaner with a small round, small funds with plans to move to wfp. Actually, I'm sort of already there as I already have a back pack & pole and buy pure water from a mate. Need to purify my own water and must do it in stages as money is tight. That said, I'm one who hates buying something only to find out later that I should have bought something else because it would have saved me money in the long run. So here's the plan;

1. Buy DI Vessel & resin and purify water - from tap to DI, to 25ltr water containers, to backpack, to clean windows
  2. Buy 150ltr tank, fit in existing car, use bilge pump to fill backpack
  3. Buy RO and 1,000 ltr tank for garage and be more effective at purifying water
  4. Buy small van, larger 400ltr tank along with 100ft hose reel and pump from van
  5. Refine all parts of the above.

So, that's the plan that will take me about 18 months to acheive. At this point in time I need to buy 1 or 2 DI Vessels. I see new ones and used ones on ebay. It kind of makes sense to buy used ones, however, I have noticed this on ebay NEW 30% more PURE WATER from DI Resin High Yield Pressure Vessel 8" x 17" - here's the link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-30-more-PURE-WATER-from-DI-Resin-High-Yield-Pressure-Vessel-8-x-17/181489328010?hash=item2a419b5f8a:g:fK8AAOSwQItT47uY

So my questions are;

1. Has anyone used these?
  2. Is the claim true? How so?
  3. Is spending the extra worth it? etc.

I would appreciate anyone's comments...

Thanks

Steve

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Part Timer

I can't remmeber what it is but it is low enough not to have to use RO, but I will get the RO later anyway. I know this because I have at least half a dozen mates who are window cleaners in the area.

Regards

Steve

That sounds like a workable plan. I'm going to get a bit boring here by singing the same old song I always sing: collect rainwater!

It's quite pure enough direct from the sky and collected off a roof, in my experience, it's anywhere between 006 and 040. It depends on the composition and cleanliness of the roof. You can get perfect results using 010. 

The pic shows you whether or not you live in a hard or soft water area. You'll need a tds meter to get accurate results. Even using rainwater, you'll need a tds meter!

Hard-Water-Map.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Seymour, rainwater is actually part of my plan but I can't decide where to put it in my plan - priorities, priorities... Useful stats though! Thanks.

Thanks Seymour, rainwater is actually part of my plan but I can't decide where to put it in my plan - priorities, priorities... Useful stats though! Thanks.
If I were you, I'd put it pretty high as low-tds (NB it doesn't have to be 000) water is absolutely central to your wfp business. It depends on your property, but some way of diverting the rainwater is paramount. You'll need that no matter what size system you eventually use. And if you do go down the RO route, you'll always have it as a backup system and to use in your garden!

Using rain water is a no brainer if you have the scope to collect that is. Just this weekend I have collected over 1000lts. In fact I've barely used my ro system for a couple of weeks

I have one of these vessels, there from Spectrum and there very good, very high quality. My tap ppm was 46 but now it's 57 and its produced approx 2000 litres and still producing at 0. I have been keeping count how much I'm getting, the vessel has a tad over 5 litres of Unger resin inside. The other Spectrum vessel has no resin inside at the moment. I will report back here once it goes to 1 with a final litre count. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, thanks Cristian. I just hoped someone would be using it and report on its productivity. We'll all await your next post I'm sure... Thank you.

Back