Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New gloves!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hiace Nostalgia

New joka polar gloves came today! Super warm but quite big and bulky. Also the lining seems to molt. Usable though. Got skytec argons in post too so will have to compare them. Not tried either before so it's a brave new world :1f609:

Snow eh? Lovely and bright here for a change in sw Scotland. Jokas are really easy to take on and off which is great. Just had first bottle of wine of the season from a lovely older lady?

Had a bitterly cold morning down here in the SE too with a good snow shower mid morning. My Skytec Argons also came today. I'm looking forward to trying them out as what I was wearing this morning wasn't cutting it.

Was cold today a little snow shower, first three jobs big farmhouse so no shelter from the winds, Russian pilot hat on (had my head shaved last night )also had my skytec argons on. 

Wasnt going to go a work today as I have man flu, but glad I did. 

Gone through so many gloves to try find a pair that actually work.I have been using Skytec Argons for weeks now and they are pretty average to be honest. I would not recommend them at all. Yes they are waterproof and they are not too bulky but your fingers won't be warm for too long working out in the cold.

Waterproof, warm but flexible and not too bulky. Not too much to ask in a pair of gloves surely.... eh apparently it is!!! The search continues....

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

All the gloves are average in some way their isn't that holy grail in window cleaning gloves, The neoprene ones are overpriced imho they have kept my hands warm in the past but end up wearing out fairly quick and skytec Xtra's are good with a thin glove liner for me . But both types your hands end up smelling like a theirs a dead rat inside of them after a bit of wearing. 

Joka gloves were raved about on Fb so I bought some last year without the liner way to big for my small hands big clumsy gloves with a decent grip thats it not a hope of keeping hands warm without some type of liner/extra glove underneath 

Anyone tried mountain warehouse extreme waterproof gloves? I find them as good as any others.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I posted this up on another gloves thread the other day, best winter gloves by far are Showa 477 insulated dual layer nitrile foam grip water and oil proof gloves. Used these for a couple of years offshore in the most extreme of winter weather and they are amazing gloves. They last for ages also and are washable. Try them, I can guarantee you will be delighted with them.

Back