Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mixing it up!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jago

I've recently been preserving the pure water I have due to short fall and  have therefore gone back to trad on the downstairs...

Not only have I really been enjoying trad again - I'm quick as been doing it 25 years on and off.... It seems for me to be so much quicker - hence hourly rate doubled...

it seems like you have to learn what's best as you go along in my humble opinion.

It also down to the type of Windows  you clean and how far apart they are. 

Any one else tried mixing it up?

I do this if there is big long awkward downstairs windows. So much quicker flying along with the liquidator 

you say your hourly rate has doubled going half trad?

was the other way around for me when switching to wfp, I still do some trad and I isn't slow but cant match the speed of wfp.

Especially not for the complete clean, frames n all.

I've recently been preserving the pure water I have due to short fall and  have therefore gone back to trad on the downstairs...

Not only have I really been enjoying trad again - I'm quick as been doing it 25 years on and off.... It seems for me to be so much quicker - hence hourly rate doubled...

it seems like you have to learn what's best as you go along in my humble opinion.

What? You saying your hourly rate has doubled by trad cleaning the downstairs?

If so, you was doing something wrong when you were Wfp the downstairs, doesn’t make sense at all imo 

Yes.. I mix it as well. Generally Wfp for upper floors Trad for ground. 

I have back pack set up and only carry 3 x 25L drums. 

I do have a lot of bungalows which are all trad.

2 large commercial jobs 20+ large ground floor windows I now do wfp and am much quicker on these.

I feel more confident with trad gear in van as if there is a technical hitch with back back I can still crack on.

Enjoy both methods and it's good to vary it however am coming to realise once decided on a method for an individual  property it's best to stick to it.

One large bungalow I do has a feature window of 16 panes. Converted this to wfp and couldn't believe how much soap residue came off it! I won't trad that one again.

as a rule I trad bungalows, if there's only 1 or 2 upstairs windows ill trad pole them unless ladders are already off, or in the mood for ladder work, everything else wfp.

Back