Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Carpet Cleaning

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Anyone on here do it? Ive decided im going to buy one Ive got about 400 - 500. to spend. Can anyone recommend a machine?

Also what sort of prices are you charging, theres one guy of facebook in my area thats doing 3 carpets for 45 pound.

mk we started one up at the start of the year, but we have decided to shelf it, I will prob be selling off some of the equipment at some point in the future, but in total it all cost in the region of 4k. £500 is too tight a budget, the cheapest agitator is about £180 new, never mind anything else.

mk we started one up at the start of the year, but we have decided to shelf it, I will prob be selling off some of the equipment at some point in the future, but in total it all cost in the region of 4k. £500 is too tight a budget, the cheapest agitator is about £180 new, never mind anything else.
IIve had a look on ebay, Could pick a second hand one up for that. The reviews on some ive just read are promising. Expensive isnt always better

There is allot you need as well though, some system are steam only cleaners which are generally cheap but don't clean as well, some are not heated systems as well which also won't clean as well as a hot water extractor. Then if you just buy a machine, you'll need hoses, wands, hand wands for upholstery, blowers, and agitators are also advisable. Then a load of chemicals like spotters, pre sprays, a sprayer for your pre-spray, your chemicals for your extractor, anti foam chemicals etc. Then if your going to do stain guard, a 5 litter tub of that is about £50 alone.

The 4k we spent was for everything, so IMO a budget of £500 is next to impossible for HWE carpet cleaning. Just my opinion mate.

We've been doing it for a few month now, and as an add on its good, but you can make the same profit from gutter cleaning at prices like £45 for 3 rooms.

Which is why we are not pursuing it, we may still keep it as an add on to the window cleaning, rather than a separate business, I am honestly not sure at the moment.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

There is allot you need as well though, some system are steam only cleaners which are generally cheap but don't clean as well, some are not heated systems as well which also won't clean as well as a hot water extractor. Then if you just buy a machine, you'll need hoses, wands, hand wands for upholstery, blowers, and agitators are also advisable. Then a load of chemicals like spotters, pre sprays, a sprayer for your pre-spray, your chemicals for your extractor, anti foam chemicals etc. Then if your going to do stain guard, a 5 litter tub of that is about £50 alone.

The 4k we spent was for everything, so IMO a budget of £500 is next to impossible for HWE carpet cleaning. Just my opinion mate.

We've been doing it for a few month now, and as an add on its good, but you can make the same profit from gutter cleaning at prices like £45 for 3 rooms.

Which is why we are not pursuing it, we may still keep it as an add on to the window cleaning, rather than a separate business, I am honestly not sure at the moment.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
The 500 was for the machine only, which came with some accessories. Only doing it as an add on. Just wanted a carpet cleaner nothing too pro.

I've done it and from my opinion it isn't something worth doing as regular work is very very scarce.

You do get good money for it but it's more hassle than it's worth.

i've cleaned colleges, libraries and domestic properties and though it is easy money, the cost of start up and maintenance of the machines is a drag, as well as the fact that you have a van-worths amount of kit and you need storage for it.

Yes, storage is needed. You can't fit a proper amount of gear in your van and keep it there. and neither will you want to.

Anyone on here do it? Ive decided im going to buy one Ive got about 400 - 500. to spend. Can anyone recommend a carpet cleaning gold coast machine?

Also what sort of prices are you charging, theres one guy of facebook in my area thats doing 3 carpets for 45 pound.

you need to have scrubbers along with vacuum cleaner to clean top surface of carpets.

i think as mentioned previous you may be better gutter cleaning ,or maybe driveway,i think carpets may be old now,if you look at your home have you got laminate floor?

there is a huge market for oven cleaning,like windows people just dont want to clean them themselves and they also dont want the expense of new cooker

I don't know much about it MK but I will give you my 2 pennys worth as the saying goes.

I heard of someone buying a machine for 3K, but companys that don't know next to nothing about carpet cleaning, like TESCO, rent them out at £50 a day or hour???

So this guy who spent 3K on the carpet cleaner has to compete with the like of Tesco, and charge customers what Tesco would charge them, this guy knows how to clean carpets, but if you rent from tesco ppl generally dont know how to use one and knacker their carpets!

I don't know much about it MK but I will give you my 2 pennys worth as the saying goes.

I heard of someone buying a machine for 3K, but companys that don't know next to nothing about carpet cleaning, like TESCO, rent them out at £50 a day or hour???

So this guy who spent 3K on the carpet cleaner has to compete with the like of Tesco, and charge customers what Tesco would charge them, this guy knows how to clean carpets, but if you rent from tesco ppl generally dont know how to use one and knacker their carpets!
Ive dropped that idea now mate.

i think its to much hassle carpet cleaning... to much equipment u got to store it somewere mate...

plus why not do bin cleaning ? or oven cleaning ?

i think its to much hassle carpet cleaning... to much equipment u got to store it somewere mate...

plus why not do bin cleaning ? or oven cleaning ?
if you dont have a good customer base to start with then bin cleaning is to much trouble, Oven cleaning? Err lol. use some shaving foam on your oven then it cleans easily. Go that from how clean is your house.

I coulds store it where I store my other equipment, either in my house or hut

Back