Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Twin Di

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nathan_M

Northern Cleaning & Maintenance
Hi everyone, I've got an old setup with ro etc but it's take ages to fill my 250litre tank. My plan after Xmas was to buy another tank (500l wydale) and then go twin Di.

My question to you guys is, what tds is the limit for twin Di? Mine is between 85-95.

Thanks in advance.

Most people where I live use Di, and our tds is around your levels as far as I know. 

I personally prefer RO (600l stationary, 350l in van) since I'm not on a water meter.

But my rough guess would be the resin cost would end up about the same as RO in your case?

Same TDS as mine I have been double Di for 6 months after 12 months on Ro....wouldn't go back to it....around 12 minutes to fill tank and no waste....no faff either....

Most people where I live use Di, and our tds is around your levels as far as I know. 

I personally prefer RO (600l stationary, 350l in van) since I'm not on a water meter.

But my rough guess would be the resin cost would end up about the same as RO in your case?

Yeah, just weighing it up and wanted people's advise. My thought process was if I fill with tap water and then run through twin Di, if I run out I can fill at a custy's tap. My Ro at the moment takes ages to fill which is doing my head in.

I know some use 2 Di and then swap them about and only ever change 1 at a time.

Nathan...am in Batley W.Yorks....TDS as gone down here since I started....used to be close to 100 but now it's down to between 65/85.

Use about 750/800 litres a week and just started clocking how long resin lasts didn't do it at the start but am now logging how much I fill up with every time....so far half a bag as done me around 3000 litres and TDS coming out of first di is only 12.

Nathan...am in Batley W.Yorks....TDS as gone down here since I started....used to be close to 100 but now it's down to between 65/85.

Use about 750/800 litres a week and just started clocking how long resin lasts didn't do it at the start but am now logging how much I fill up with every time....so far half a bag as done me around 3000 litres and TDS coming out of first di is only 12.
Ahh a fellow Yorkshire man. I don't live in Yorkshire anymore but lived near pontefract. Wow that's good, what litre Di do you use? Don't suggest you have any pics of your setup do you?

Twin di should be fine my TDS is bout 60 and my 18 litre Di and 11 litre Di lasts ages doing roughly 1600-1800 litres a week

You will be fine using twin di . I have been using this method 8 years . Our tap water varies from 70 to 100 . We use about 2500 litres a week . One sack of tulsion lasts about 2 months . So I reckon about £10 a week in resin . Which I  am happy with . No waste water , fill the tank as fast as you want and no messing with an ro and filters . . So we are lucky to have a low tap TDS . What I use is 7 litre vessels . Just use one vessel to start with . Then as soon as the TDS rises above 0 put your second vessel behind it . As soon as the TDS goes above 0 from the second vessel it is time to change the resin in the first one . Then swap them round so the new resin is always in the second vessel . Always use 2. Vessels . I also give mine a shake every day . I also have s hot outside tap so I sometimes blast red hot water through them on really cold mornings . First time this winter was Thursday . It would be more cost effective to have the Di set up after the tank but I had issues trying that way . So for the minimal extra expense mine is set up before the tank . 

You will be fine using twin di . I have been using this method 8 years . Our tap water varies from 70 to 100 . We use about 2500 litres a week . One sack of tulsion lasts about 2 months . So I reckon about £10 a week in resin . Which I  am happy with . No waste water , fill the tank as fast as you want and no messing with an ro and filters . . So we are lucky to have a low tap TDS . What I use is 7 litre vessels . Just use one vessel to start with . Then as soon as the TDS rises above 0 put your second vessel behind it . As soon as the TDS goes above 0 from the second vessel it is time to change the resin in the first one . Then swap them round so the new resin is always in the second vessel . Always use 2. Vessels . I also give mine a shake every day . I also have s hot outside tap so I sometimes blast red hot water through them on really cold mornings . First time this winter was Thursday . It would be more cost effective to have the Di set up after the tank but I had issues trying that way . So for the minimal extra expense mine is set up before the tank . 
Thanks for the comment mate. Yeah my tap is between 85-95 but I use nowhere near 2500 litres a week. What issues were you having with putting the Di after the tank? Where abouts are you from?

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I live in Dewsbury West Yorkshire . The issues I had was the hoselock fittings blowing off  . It’s not a big issue and can be easily sorted got some advice on here . But I am leaving it as it is for now cos I rearranged the van . So it’s easier I leave the vessels at home. 

I live in Dewsbury West Yorkshire . The issues I had was the hoselock fittings blowing off  . It’s not a big issue and can be easily sorted got some advice on here . But I am leaving it as it is for now cos I rearranged the van . So it’s easier I leave the vessels at home. 
Ah another fellow west Yorkshire man [emoji4].. ahh I see, my plan was to run hose into tank and then pump out through the Di's in the van. Was thinking of getting two 11 litre Di's.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back