Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump isn't sucking water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slippy

I pull the water out of barrels and when empty put in another.  It used to do it but for some reason the pump can't pull the water out?  Is there a blockage? 

15121537042531762842615.jpg

1512153725484305781067.jpg

1512153748942919325551.jpg

Sounds like air in the system. Crank up the controller and make sure your outlet is lower than your inlet/barrel. Should work itself out if you run it for a minute.

Make sure all your connections  are air tight and not worked lose. 

You may find siphoning the pump will help 'bump start' it and then do as advised above. Coul be a blockage but I'd try this first to rule it out, also make sure battery is charged up.

Make sure all your connections  are air tight and not worked lose. 

You may find siphoning the pump will help 'bump start' it and then do as advised above. Coul be a blockage but I'd try this first to rule it out, also make sure battery is charged up.
Disconnect the part of hose attached to pump and suck that disgusting water out? Then reconnect? 

Disconnect the part of hose attached to pump and suck that disgusting water out? Then reconnect? 
Disconnect the pipe that attaches to the hose Reel at the hose reel end ( keep the pump side attached) and take the hose lock connector off it then suck the pipe while the pump is running until the water comes through and run it as Nudel suggests.

Disconnect the pipe that attaches to the hose Reel at the hose reel end ( keep the pump side attached) and take the hose lock connector off it then suck the pipe while the pump is running until the water comes through and run it as Nudel suggests.
15121631709451348007682.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not nice, I've done it a few times and not dead yet
Just did it.  Wrapped a clingfilm round with hole in it to suck.  Doesn't work.  Doesn't appear to be any suck on end which goes into barrel either.  Maybe need to take it apart and see if hose is blocked and take shurflo pump apart.  The pump itself is making noises so I guess it's working.  Don't know. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I get air locks in the bike trailer system all the time. I keep a length of hose clipped to the trailer where it can stay clean, with a male hoselock attachment. When system needs siphoning, I just pop the hose lock off at the reel and attach the clean piece, suck the water through then crank the pump up to full until the water runs out smoothly instead of spluttering, then reattach it to the hose reel.
d690616393d592cc8c7f5f2d7b50c090.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I get air locks in the bike trailer system all the time. I keep a length of hose clipped to the trailer where it can stay clean, with a male hoselock attachment. When system needs siphoning, I just pop the hose lock off at the reel and attach the clean piece, suck the water through then crank the pump up to full until the water runs out smoothly instead of spluttering, then reattach it to the hose reel.

That bit of hose above the reel lol? 

Good idea! 

Yep. It stays clean living up there, instead of rolling around in the trailer.

I don't bother trying without sucking the water through first, I've tried that a few times in the past and it didn't work so I don't anymore. It only takes 2 minutes to do the whole process and be back up and running.

Back