Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just sack him

Gazz

I signed up a new job. The job was a cafe bang center of a big town. The cafe had 100 year old glass etc.

The old window cleaner of 2.5 years (i think) Was sacked. The owner said he kept leaving streaks and spots. I questioned the method and it was waterfed pole. The owner was adamant that the pole doesnt work.

Anyways, i got my trial and cleaned them today. Cleaned the windows, rinsed and then rerinsed just to be safe. Went inside and said to the owner im just going to sit down for 15 mins to watch the drying process. 

So 2min later he came over and said see still streaks etc. I said ill be back in a minute. Got a scrim out and started cleaning parts of the inside. Then i went over to the owner and said can i see the squegee you used to clean the insides.

I was then presented with a £5 lidl moerman combinator knock off with a very blunt rubber. 

The owner pretty much sacked a window cleaner because of his staff cleaning the insides with a blunt rubber and leaving streaks.

Quick 5mins education to the staff and the owner and off i go. Come back next month please.

I always think it’s a false economy to have the staff clean the windows. Especially if they are paying to have the outsides cleaned.

I always think it’s a false economy to have the staff clean the windows. Especially if they are paying to have the outsides cleaned.
He did ask me to clean the insides after i pointed it out. I really didnt want to do them. Really busy cafe and tables everywhere. I just said i didnt clean insides.

Just unfortunate that a guy whos been doing a good job for 2.5 years gets sacked because of someone else. Not that im complaining.

Back