Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

HELP WITH AN EMPLOYEE

Hello,

Haven’t been on here for a while. I have a new employee helping me out. She is doing great - however struggles with first cleans. I always get complaints when she cleans houses for first time (regular cleans are fine). I have told her to take her time ect. However still getting complaints. Any advice you can give me to tell her?

Thanks in advance. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I'm assuming it is spotting that is causing the problems. Wash everything, frames, cills etc, with higher flow rate then normal and rinse. Then go back and just do glass and rinse with normal flow rate. All I do is up the flow rate and rinse longer than usual, air vents can be a major pain and if they look bad I will dry them after the rinse and then rinse below.

other option is you do all 1st cleans, and she does maintenance cleans. Apart from that watch her do a 1st clean and see what she doing wrong, then you know what she needs to improve on.

other option is you do all 1st cleans, and she does maintenance cleans. Apart from that watch her do a 1st clean and see what she doing wrong, then you know what she needs to improve on.

I would normally do the first cleans myself. However I’m 5 months pregnant and my big belly gets in the way now! Haha! I have been going out with her and what she is doing looks fine. Maybe she needs to clean them once and then go around and re-do them. Just until she has worked with me for few more months. Thank for your post.

Yes, Part timer hit the nail on the head, exactly what he said!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

First cleans are a pain. But they are important you do a perfect job as the first impression counts.

Personally the way I do them is to dry all top frames off with a drying towel before cleaning and rinsing the glass  For upstairs windows the tower goes on the brush head. 

If she is making a mess of them she is simply not thorough. Show here how you want them done. Tell her you don't care how long it takes, you want them perfect.

Thank you for your post. Didn’t think about increasing water pressure. I’ll try that. Thanks!

Personally i like to do first cleans by washing the all frames wfp, then do the glass trad. Get up there and clean glass after the wfp work is done then you can dry the vents and make sure they are clean and also remove any paint or varnish etc from the glass. Takes a while but just price accordingly the first clean :)

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Tradman, do you quote in person and have you found that charging extra for first cleans goes down well with new customers up your way? I’m down in Ayrshire and thinking of charging extra for the first clean but not sure what extra to charge as don’t want to scare off potential customers. 

Personally i like to do first cleans by washing the all frames wfp, then do the glass trad. Get up there and clean glass after the wfp work is done then you can dry the vents and make sure they are clean and also remove any paint or varnish etc from the glass. Takes a while but just price accordingly the first clean :)

Are you doing this on 3 storey work?? 

Tradman, do you quote in person and have you found that charging extra for first cleans goes down well with new customers up your way? I’m down in Ayrshire and thinking of charging extra for the first clean but not sure what extra to charge as don’t want to scare off potential customers. 
Yeah works great. It separates mess'rs and good customers. For three story work or above i just use wfp ;)

Back