Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack,charger or voltmeter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dabber

Hi

just purchased a second backpack and have a question.When I charge it the light on the charger goes from red to green however the voltmeter only shows the first two lights illuminated.The third light doesn't illuminate.Is this right and can I trust the charger to ensure that its fully charged.

cheers

Dabber

Hi

its a gardiners backpack,no photos at the moment.But it's just the first two lights on the voltmeter that illuminate.

dabber

Hi

just purchased a second backpack and have a question.When I charge it the light on the charger goes from red to green however the voltmeter only shows the first two lights illuminated.The third light doesn't illuminate.Is this right and can I trust the charger to ensure that its fully charged.

cheers

Dabber
Hi Dabber

When charging the only lights you need to read are the lights on the charger itself. When the lights go from red to green on the charger then the battery in the backpack is fully charged. You can trust the charger on this.

Looking at the separate voltmeter LEDs on the backpack - During normal use, with the latest backpacks, the first two LEDs will only show (Orange and Green) and this indicates full charge. Then as the battery depletes the green light will stop showing. When the third LED shows red the battery needs charging as soon as possible. During normal use this third red LED will not display. This is different to the older LED voltmeters where all 3 LEDs showed when fully charged.

Thanks Alex,that makes sense now as on my first backpack I purchased all three lights were illuminated.

Thanks Nudel ,haven't got a multimeter but shouldn't need one now I'm happy that the second backpack is charging fully.

merry Xmas ?

Thanks Alex,that makes sense now as on my first backpack I purchased all three lights were illuminated.

Thanks Nudel ,haven't got a multimeter but shouldn't need one now I'm happy that the second backpack is charging fully.

merry Xmas ?

I honestly believe that there are 2 things a wfp window cleaner definitely needs. The first is a TDS meter and the second is a multimeter. You can't fault find without either very easily.

Only just started out less than six months ago and learning everyday.Very much appreciate the help and advice on here so will take on board your advice Spruce.

cheers

dabber

Back