Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wide brush versus standard brush?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Barry Williamson

Hi guys, doesn’t seem like rocket science but do you find a wider brush (35cm upwards) more efficient than a standard 25-ish cm brush? I do domestic only just now, some of these brushes are the width of the windows I clean.

Know a wide brush will cover more surface area, but do you find it makes you quicker, or is it harder to control - what’s your opinion? Gardiner sale items caught my attention...

Thanks!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I love the 45cm soft flocked, in my opinion it is much quicker than even the 45cm mixed bristle brush, on maintenance cleans. Need a scraper for the stubborn bird :1f4a9:   though. No good on small old windows, as it's too big, but 99% of modern UPVC windows are fine, and good on leaded. It is fairly heavy though and on a long day you'll feel it in your arms and shoulders. Just bought 2 more, even though my current one is as new, as they are stopping selling them  :1f61e:

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely love my 45cm brush (gardiners mixed super duper xtreme light something-or-other). It cut my work time down to half on certain larger high commercial jobs, and a timesaver generally for all jobs. Gardiners doesn't recommend those wide brushes on long xtreme poles though, but I have had no issues with it so far.

The four pencil jets really does clean well, will try fan jets when I get around to it.

I bought a 35cm extreme. Personally I think it seems a bit awkward with a swivel attachment and I prefer the smaller brush. I'll probably just use it for commercial

Last edited by a moderator:
Back