Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice needed from all you pros please!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Incheck

Since joining this forum i can see there are a fair few experienced people who’ve been at it for years. The topic in question, UBIK 2000 degreaser. Is it any good for conservatory roof features, fascia/soffit cleans, will it bring discoloured whites back etc? Also safe mixing ratios, use with backpacks/sprayers/ would i need to wear safety goggles when using it? I do value my eyesight! fascia cleans notorious for getting a wet head sometimes! Appreciate your experiences good or bad, and whether it’s worth the while or whether it’s just another random chemical that gives no better results than washing up liquid? Thanks all

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I love the personal. Used it for cleaning ovens. Sinks. Cupboards and floors. Pretty much everything. I've used on conny roofs and all the other bits even windows too. Never seem to have a problem with it no matter how much you use with water. Smells bad though and doesn't taste great. Never got any in eyes though
Thats just my opinion

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

it's good stuff, 20:1 mix for PVC & polycarbonate roofs, avoid using on self cleaning glass and composite doors as a chance it could damage it. Also avoid letting it dry as cn stain if it does. I now use Screwfix no nonsense degreaser, I personally find it a bit better as it doesn't stain if it dries, but others would disagree. Brilliant for really bad 1st cleans, both are in another league compared to fairy. Technically you should wear ppe, but ive had in in my eyes once, its not pleasant, but no permanent damage, so id recommend glasses, but its up to you. It won't shift stains, but will shift everything else, with stains I use a magic sponge dipped in degreaser.

Ok i'm not a pro but thought I would share my experience. I needed some Chemicals to clean my first proper conservatory roof and only had a few days so I got some of that Screwfix degreaser as Ubik only seems to be available online. £9 a bottle, foams up and removes stains quite nicely from the roof. Still takes a bit of elbow grease on the frame to get anywhere though. I found the applicator on a pole worked quite well for stains on the frame. I originally used the recommended 1 capful per litre but found it works better with a little more than that. I occasionally suffer from a little dermatitis and when I got some on my hands I could really feel it attacking my skin so you probably wouldn't wanna get it in your eyes but a good set of goggles and you should be fine.

I did a gutters and fascias etc other day and just used their outside tap. 2 year old house and came up fine. I think some stuff would have tarnished it and not really needed. Im not gonna use that stuff, if too old and dirty cant do it. I get soaked and i dont want that stuff in my eyes. Mind you, Im a bit of a newby to this game.

Back