Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water upgrade for about £50

WCF

Help Support WCF:

nice job! I have recently put a 3kw one in mine,works a treat.

That tank looks very unsecure though mate, did you hear about the window cleaner in Northfolk who got squashed to death by his unsecured tank a couple of weeks ago?

Scary stuff!

nice job! I have recently put a 3kw one in mine,works a treat.

That tank looks very unsecure though mate, did you hear about the window cleaner in Northfolk who got squashed to death by his unsecured tank a couple of weeks ago?

Scary stuff!
I unclipped the tank so I could fit the insulation around it then fixed it back in after

The most important thing to know is the load rating of the tie down points in yer van, and no van has 5 ton rated tie downs.

Use lorry tie down straps they have a huge rating I know guys in the haulage industry they strap 40 ton loads with them.I put a steel 2x2 box section behind my  seats bolted to the sides with heavy bolts and plates and the lorry tie downs over each side of tank i also have a steel guard behind drivers seat.. That tank aint coming into anybody in the front.

I have the exact same set up except insulated with one inch polystyrene around tank. 

Last week I measured temperature of left over water at about 4pm after using it all day. Temp at brush head was 42°. 

Tbh I don't think it was much hotter in the morning

I plug mine in at about 10pm and it's toasty in the morning. 

Accordong to this website: http://processheatingservices.com/water-heating-time-calculator/ it takes 673 minutes to raise 350 litres by 55°. I don't know how accurate that is because it doesn't allow for tank insulation. Either way a good 8/9 hours will cost max of £2.50

Bear in mind if your element is not at the bottom of the tank it won't heat below up to the same temperature. Mine is a 400 upright tank and I've only got short arms so bottom 100 litres is always a bit cooler than the top

Nothing like a cold snap to get the brain in gear
Roughly how long to heat the tank and roughly what temp please ?
Like the idea better than the gas ones I have seen just wondering about a 12 v one that I could hook into my system anyone else played with these ??

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I used the hot water properly for the first time today. I heated approximately 450-500 litres of water for 10 hrs last night which started off very cold as it had been in the tank since the weekend through all the snow and frost we had had. Which would have cost about £2.30 

When I got to my first job and the water had been sloshed around and mixed up I measured the temperature which was 54 degrees centigrade. 

At the end of the day the water left in the tank was still measuring 44 degrees C. 

Hope this helps 

I used the hot water properly for the first time today. I heated approximately 450-500 litres of water for 10 hrs last night which started off very cold as it had been in the tank since the weekend through all the snow and frost we had had. Which would have cost about £2.30 

When I got to my first job and the water had been sloshed around and mixed up I measured the temperature which was 54 degrees centigrade. 

At the end of the day the water left in the tank was still measuring 44 degrees C. 

Hope this helps 
I’m very interested in this way of hot water cleaning, don’t want anything with gas .  Did you take the temperature of the water coming out at the brush head . Do you use a 100 metre hose reel? 

Back