Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

-4 so back to bed, anyone working in this?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddie dragon

Woke up checked the forecast, checked van over. Warmed wife's car up as she has to work. Highest temperature today according to the forecast is - 4. Think that's to mutch so another day off   ? 

Highest today is 6 here in sunny Devon [emoji16] feels like summer [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supposed to get to 0 in Northampton today but just not risking my van on all the untreated roads round here. Then all the problems with freezing on glass and leaving slippery floors behind. Will have to work Saturday but will see more customers and maybe a few more tips ?

supposed to get to 0 in Northampton today but just not risking my van on all the untreated roads round here. Then all the problems with freezing on glass and leaving slippery floors behind. Will have to work Saturday but will see more customers and maybe a few more tips [emoji3]

I’m down the road in Deanshanger. At home that is not working!

Just can’t risk the van either. Weighted with 400-650 litres of water and the side roads are the ones to watch out for, once those wheels start spinning and even a slight decline its game over.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I tried.. Got to work, everything was frozen solid in the back! This was surprising for me because after the bad winters of 09 and 10 I have always insulated the back of the van and have never had an issue with anything frozen since. So that says to me that it was colder last night than it's been for the past 7 years! Not sure what to do for tomorrow..

Twas about 0° here in south Essex, all day. Nothing thawed. Even got my hose caught a couple if times on pieces of ice stuck solid on the pavement. Got my water all nice and toasty before I went out and had a blinding day. Just as well cause it looks like a soggy one tomorrow.

Working all week, even managed my deepest depths of ruralness!! Couldn't do it without hot water that's for sure!!
0b6b6a981205e35d865a22662f6a9eb5.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

-2 yesterday and today morning. Water freezing on the glass first thing but by 10am just about workable although water was freezing in pole between jobs. Managed about a day and a half of work so not too bad. Above freezing but rainy tomorrow for me.

Was on the glass at 9am in the ice and snow 

Gotta man up people  :1f602:

Jets froze once but soon thawed them out

No gloves today either lol

Was on the glass at 9am in the ice and snow 

Gotta man up people  :1f602:

Jets froze once but soon thawed them out

No gloves today either lol
these days are trad pole days, left backpack at home, no gloves when tradding, just that hot bucket of water which turns ice cold in about 5 mins, plenty of cuppas today tho, took an hour longer then usual, and about 2 gallons of tea to keep me warm

first house at 8.30 this morning last one 4pm same yesterday ,the joys of the gas heater
#warmwater [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back