Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Guess who forget to put his kit away properly last night!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AGlassAct

It's all a bit frozen - schoolboy error may give me the day off tomorrow!!!
e910f1b3cc7a1ddf0fb90ec8f45fb693.jpg

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I have blocked off the hallway from the front door to the kitchen with another door to make a small cloakroom with a radiator in it.

It all goes in there overnight on nights like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm normally pretty good at sorting my kit out to be honest, I got through my day pretty early yesterday and the van was full by 5pm so I must have got distracted by something! Won't make that mistake again - the missus isn't happy about having to look around it to watch TV!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I'd be concerned with the r/o membrane tbh. If the housing survived then that's a bonus. But if the housing froze up then the chances are the membrane will have to be replaced.

My work vehicle got buried under 2-3 inches of snow over the weekend and rained on with near freezing rain for most of the day yesterday and I never thought to sweep it all off while I was able. So this morning after taking forever to get the drivers door open I started it up and left it to thaw out. It took the better part of 45 minutes to thaw it enough to sweep it all off. Fortunately it was done by 9am so I did manage to get out and actually had a very good day to say it didn't get above freezing all day.

My work vehicle got buried under 2-3 inches of snow over the weekend and rained on with near freezing rain for most of the day yesterday and I never thought to sweep it all off while I was able. So this morning after taking forever to get the drivers door open I started it up and left it to thaw out. It took the better part of 45 minutes to thaw it enough to sweep it all off. Fortunately it was done by 9am so I did manage to get out and actually had a very good day to say it didn't get above freezing all day.
Still freezing here today also had cortisone injection in my had again today so that be three days in the trot off for me.

freezing here too. Left the wfp at home and cracked on with the trad pole. Could have used it by lunchtime but couldn't be arsed to go get it. Raining here now and in well into tomorrow so no need to worry about it freezing up

I'd be concerned with the r/o membrane tbh. If the housing survived then that's a bonus. But if the housing froze up then the chances are the membrane will have to be replaced.
I'm going to double DI in the morning so I have time later on the check the membrane - the housing is OK but I have a spare of both anyway. I'm usually the last one to forget things but this will give me the push to finally get round to making an all singing and dancing heated cabinet with autoflush. I do like a project!!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I moved my kit indoors a few weeks ago and just pumped the pure straight to the van now... It's going to be a cold winter this one..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yeh they say a mini ice age can kick in real quick, like they had in the middle ages when the thames used to freeze over. That would be a b'stard.

Just a quick update - housing fine, membrane still at 97.5 rejection, happy days. Although I did 'waste' resin doing double DI this morning. It'll be a while until I make that mistake again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back