Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidators my wife says not on her windows

john docherty

What is it with these liquidators I thought I had tried everything till I watched poll n bladz New series of YouTube videos and now I know I'm definitely not going to be a scientist I bet Steven hawking could not stop them producing lines they just leave lines and that is it.I reckon that the way the rubber is cut at the ends is just to narrow and can't keep the water from going round it easily anybody got any suggestions New ones my wife has one don't do mine with it God it such a good invention so maybe morman should be taking this up before they sell any more and if you think it's not leaving any lines look closer

I think it,s about getting used to it. In the beginning I would be using it ok...then have problems so would go to another "normal" squeegee.

Get home and use the moerman again ..and it would work fine!!!!!.

Now I think I am mastering it....in the sense that through practice, I am using instinct,muscle memory, whatever to keep the angle of the blade right, and so the tool is working more consistent for me.

It is a good tool.......but some of us (myself definatly included) need to spend time practising with it to master it.

The purpose of it is to cut down, or iliminate detailing completely, and it does when mastered.

Just switched over to all moerman last week after I realised I only used my 45cm f*liq anyway.

The 55cm takes a bit to get used to, and needs more soap and less force to work properly. It has moerman soft rubber in it, but prefer the razr red I have in the 45, but we'll see.

Absolutely love them, no more detailing for me. It does streak badly though, if you don't keep the proper angle.

What is it with these liquidators I thought I had tried everything till I watched poll n bladz New series of YouTube videos and now I know I'm definitely not going to be a scientist I bet Steven hawking could not stop them producing lines they just leave lines and that is it.I reckon that the way the rubber is cut at the ends is just to narrow and can't keep the water from going round it easily anybody got any suggestions New ones my wife has one don't do mine with it God it such a good invention so maybe morman should be taking this up before they sell any more and if you think it's not leaving any lines look closer
I have been using them about 6 months longer than they have been released for and never had issues with lines

Nothing to do with the ends as only the bit in contact with the glass actually does anything

Learn to use it properly and you will have no problems

Maybe you should perfect your technique before badmouthing a company who make precision tools for people who take the time to make them work

No lines in this vid i did and i was just messing about on some windows

https://youtu.be/oCooVGt1NEc

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve only recently started using moerman, bought an 18” fliq. Definitely struggled with streaks at first. I was just using the wrong wrist angle, I was fine using with a pole. Try cutting in from a different place you usually would to try get out of the habit of going into auto mode with your wrist too close to the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I'm not bad mouthing it I would love it to work perfectly. I'm only stating what loads of other trad cleaners have found I hate it when your working away and everything is perfect with it then out of the blue it starts playing up it frustrating not time saving I would rather leave a bit soap round the edge than a big a scar across the living room window some of you will reply to this by saying just go back to your old gear and leave the liquidators to the experts but I am the expert I don't think I should have to spend £200 on moerman gear to denote it to the reject bin I want it to work desperately but on close examination of some Windows it leaves small thin trails I know this could be the best it needs tweeked by moerman to make it a bit more perfect

I'm not bad mouthing it I would love it to work perfectly. I'm only stating what loads of other trad cleaners have found I hate it when your working away and everything is perfect with it then out of the blue it starts playing up it frustrating not time saving I would rather leave a bit soap round the edge than a big a scar across the living room window some of you will reply to this by saying just go back to your old gear and leave the liquidators to the experts but I am the expert I don't think I should have to spend £200 on moerman gear to denote it to the reject bin I want it to work desperately but on close examination of some Windows it leaves small thin trails I know this could be the best it needs tweeked by moerman to make it a bit more perfect
Its not the tool, what it tends to be is if youve been using other tools for a long time is that your unconciously using it like them. Its not the most forgiving squeegee by a long shot, and has to be used with a different technique, angle, more slip etc. It takes getting used too, and bouncing between ot and another make means your muscle memory takes over, hence the streaks.

i dont have a problem using it,works fine;but because it gets right to edge of window frames the rubber ends get chewed quite quickly, for me the big increase in new rubbers compared to having some detailing to do is the main concern

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The first few blades I used also wore very quickly, but after a while you stop banging the squeegee into the frames all the time and only leave it rubbing with a feather touch or very close to it. Wooden frames are difficult though, but you learn to use a bit different angle.

Granted, I am mostly wfp, but do a fair amount of trad work weekly, and I haven't changed my razr red blade on my 45cm f*liq for a couple of months I think.

All this comes from a guy who only wanted to touch sorbo channels a few months ago. Now I'll never ever go back to a squeegee which needs detailing.

Only issue I have is the handles are a bit long so carrying two doesn't fit so well in my unger boab.

stick with it it takes a different approach different angle and no sharp turns . lots of slip and you will get used to it took me ages to get it right to the point it nearly got launched a few times. but as ive heard said its a precision bit of kit and I will agree go slower ie be more accurate to go faster. I now don't use anything else apart from my old unger kit for leaded windows to save my rubber

My advice is use red rubber as it will last longer. Sometimes with the red rubber it can take a while to get properly wore in. I find I get the odd lime etc with it for a few days or more. Then when it's wore in it will last you a good while. It just takes practice especially when you are changing from the old gear.

I have been using them about 6 months longer than they have been released for and never had issues with lines

Nothing to do with the ends as only the bit in contact with the glass actually does anything

Learn to use it properly and you will have no problems

Maybe you should perfect your technique before badmouthing a company who make precision tools for people who take the time to make them work

No lines in this vid i did and i was just messing about on some windows

https://youtu.be/oCooVGt1NEc
@Dave B i stay out of most Moerman conversations as I have said in the past I aint a fan.   I dont see the above comment as badmouthing but more as a personal opinion.  

I make this comment from one mod to another.  

You also talk of them as a company that make prescision instruments......... then why is almost every post about them about how to modify / adjust / alter them to get then to work acceptably? 

i was gifted the squeegees by a certain supplier in exchange for a review and did so.  In my opinion they are ok and can work out the box without modding but they are not for me.. just not my cuppa.  I will stick to my S Channels as this is my preference and my opinion, perhaps not others but mine.  

Now.... where's the Cider? 

I see a lot of windies using them, but I just never got on with mine, and ended up giving it away. Nice to see new tech coming into the marketplace for us, but slowly the markets will show whether it works for people or not.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back