Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP van mounted system help

WCF

Help Support WCF:

MickyB

Hi all, I am new to WFP cleaning and have read a lot of content on here which has been really useful, I have decided to go for the Grippmax 650L RO/DI van mounted system. I have a couple of questions below if anyone can help?

1) Do I need a waterproof protective coating applying to the floor of my van e.g. Speedliner. Or will I be ok with just the plywood which is already fitted? 

2) Do I need to purchase a mains charging system? Grippamax offers a 240v mains hook up installation c/w 25m cable & MXS 10 charger. 

Thanks. 

1) might be a good idea. If you buying a nice system might aswell get it done properly. We had our vans Line-x ‘d. Really tough stuff and jet wash it out 4 times a year and comes up new.

2) I don’t think you’ll need it. Sounds a bit expensive but who knows. When we had a leisure battery set up we used to give it a full charge once a week with a Clarke bench charger. Now we run all our electrics of main battery of van and replace between 1-2 years as a consumable item. Which was what we were doing roughly with the split charge system leisure battery.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

aaaaahhhh, sorry mickyb,i've just re read your post,re charging,a split charger in your van would be a bonus and if you can charge your batteries overnight on the drive then most battery chargers will  suffice,ctek would be a good place to start looking at chargers

I have no leaks either and my van is always soaking with brushes dripping and water on the hoses

Not really, I flick the water off the brush before putting back into the van. Might get an odd drip here or there but nothing that's going to cause any damage to my ply lining or the steel floor of my van. 

Remove the ply it will get wet,fall apart, rot and stink.

You can choose to leave the floor bare or depending on budget fibre glass(if you don't mind d.i.y) or speed liner.

Don't muck about with bench charging if your about to drop 5k on a system get grippa to install a split charge.

Remove the ply it will get wet,fall apart, rot and stink.
You can choose to leave the floor bare or depending on budget fibre glass(if you don't mind d.i.y) or speed liner.

Don't muck about with bench charging if your about to drop 5k on a system get grippa to install a split charge.

What’s the difference putting a bench charger in a van with an extension lead to charge the battery.
Save yourself £170 for almost the same thing. With the added bonus of being able to take it out so that it doesn’t corrode or get wet.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

What’s the difference putting a bench charger in a van with an extension lead to charge the battery.
Save yourself £170 for almost the same thing. With the added bonus of being able to take it out so that it doesn’t corrode or get wet.

It's not the same .

The difference is not having to run an extension lead to your van if you don't have a drive or garage with power or worry about your battery having enuff power or pluging it in once a week.

As it will be charging as you drive.

£170 is nothing when your about to spend 5-6k on a van mount.

I've had a battery with a split charge relay working for over 3 years never taking it out to charge once nor has it  ever got wet or corroded.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the same .
The difference is not having to run an extension lead to your van if you don't have a drive or garage with power or worry about your battery having enuff power or pluging it in once a week.
As it will be charging as you drive.
£170 is nothing when your about to spend 5-6k on a van mount.

I've had a battery with a split charge relay working for over 3 years never taking it out to charge once nor has it  ever got wet or corroded.

Sorry mate but if you read the top post he was asking about the 240v hook up which is essentially the same as what I mentioned.
The 650 RO/DI system comes with split relay intelligent charger for an extra £300 odd.

This is straight of grippatank website to explain to you what it is.

What is the mains charging system option? This includes an external electrical hook-up port, with an internal mains socket, mains charger, and hook-up cable.

Also didn’t mention anything about leisure battery or split relay corroding was on about the charging unit that would run off 240v supply.

2) sounds like a very expensive way to giving you a battery charger and extension lead to me because that's all it is really is

Of course it is but then dropping 5-6k on a system is a very expensive way of giving you pure water in a tank. Spending 5-6k on a diesel heater is a very expensive way of giving you hot water.

Most of what is sold commercial is over priced, over engineered load of ******** that ads nothing to the job and robs you of your hard earned...but that's marketing and there will always be gullable people who must have the most expensive stuff they can because it has a brand name on. 

If the same people spend the 10k on what really matters - sales and increasing turnover.. ..then they would be earning more and have less outgoings.

But you can't tell em, they will still pay 200 quid for an extension lead and get it on credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it is but then dropping 5-6k on a system is a very expensive way of giving you pure water in a tank. Spending 5-6k on a diesel heater is a very expensive way of giving you hot water.

Most of what is sold commercial is over priced, over engineered load of ******** that ads nothing to the job and robs you of your hard earned...but that's marketing and there will always be gullable people who must have the most expensive stuff they can because it has a brand name on. 

If the same people spend the 10k on what really matters - sales and increasing turnover.. ..then they would be earning more and have less outgoings.

But you can't tell em, they will still pay 200 quid for an extension lead and get it on credit.
Totally agree

Make sure you get a van insurance which gives you a replacement van with the system, I think aplan do it.

I'm currently without my van and haven't lost a day of work as mine is strapped in. Took everything out and then into the courtesy van.

If I get a grippa system I will definitely have to get cover so I get a van and setup

Have a look at raptor paint. getting it put on the inside of mine. a lot of off roaders use it externally and it's waterproof and meant to be solid!!

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back