Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Portable water fed system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

C

Craig Barrow

Hi has anyone used the portable trolley system and if so would u recommend as a starter?

Yes. I started with a Pure Freedom trolley plus an RO/DI unit from them as a starter package. Just add a few 25-litre drums and you're in business. Pretty much any trolley system will get you started, or even a backpack.

There are plenty of people who will advise you to buy/build a van system, and there are certainly advantages to going this route. It's a lot less time messing about setting up and packing up so you can do more work much faster. But a mobile trolley system will get you started and earning a bit.

You can even build your own trolley system. Personally, I think it's better to spend the 3 or 4 days needed to build a system in  going out and looking for/doing window cleaning work.

It all depends on (i) your available money and (ii) your manual skill set.

There are 2 approaches:

1 - Take your time, think it all through and do meticulous planning. Don't start work until everything is perfect.

2 - Get out there and get work straight away.

I would recommend buying a complete trolley system and starting work the next day.

But there are others who will make other recommendations.

You'll get lots of help on here. We don't always agree about everything ... but that's a great advantage as you'll be able to pick and choose between the various ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks that's really helpful it was the pure freedom system that I was looking at 

Thanks that's really helpful it was the pure freedom system that I was looking at 

Glad to have shed a little light. The great thing about buying this is that you get pretty much everything you need. You can have it delivered one morning and, after cleaning your own windows a few times, be earning money that afternoon. The only thing I added was a small rucksack with a few cloths, a screwdriver and a couple of tools to do any minor fixes.

I wear a fisherman's' waistcoat with my notebook, wallet (with a few business cards) and mobile phone in the pockets. And that's it. No messing about and everything ready to hand. You'll soon get your own system sorted.

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a window cleaner. By the time Spring comes, you'll have a pretty full customer list and be earning decent money and having lots of fun doing it. 

I've used a PF trolley from the get go when I switched to wfp 10 years ago. It still is the best setup for me.

I hated the solid tyres mine came with, so I've replaced mine with pneumatic ones and keep a spare on board in case of punctures, but they are much nicer to push/pull around with pneumatic tyres kept at about 20psi, IMHO anyway.

Repairing a flatty is fun on these small wheels :1f603:

Unfortunately, when mine get punctured it’s usually blackthorn left over from when the local council does their hedge trimming and leave half of it behind. Problem is, the thorns are rather large and before the slime does it’s job half of it comes out into the outer tyre and makes a right mess.

I’ve now worked out how to do the repair without too much hassle, but it is a challenge.

The quickest way I’ve found to deal with it is as I stated earlier. Keep a spare on board and do the repair when you get home

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back