Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Poles, CLX vs SLX?

Slx all the way for me personal opinion but just find better used for past 3 years trying an extreme soon. Get the best you can afford in this game as you end up buying twice I made that mistake 

Wcs if you read the Wright up on the gardiners page you know the pro's and con's it's all stated their.

But you wont find a post on the WCF which would recommend a clx over and SLX unless is about price.

The SLX is the go to pole really most window cleaners from what I have read over my time here will more then likely replace their old SLX at the end of its life or upgrade to the higher quality poles they will never down grade to the clx. I myself will be upgrading to an s max this year. Since I want to make my life even easier.

It's all down 2 things weight and stiffness. Any water fed pole cleaner will tell you that from experience.

The lighter the pole the less strain on the body which on a long days makes a huge difference or high level work like gutter cleaning.

The stiffer the pole the easier it is to move and clean windows the more you have to struggle to get the right pressure to clean the glass then longer a jobs will take time is money in this game.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Wcs if you read the Wright up on the gardiners page you know the pro's and con's it's all stated their.

But you wont find a post on the WCF which would recommend a clx over and SLX unless is about price.

The SLX is the go to pole really most window cleaners from what I have read over my time here will more then likely replace their old SLX at the end of its life or upgrade to the higher quality poles they will never down grade to the clx. I myself will be upgrading to an s max this year. Since I want to make my life even easier.

It's all down 2 things weight and stiffness. Any water fed pole cleaner will tell you that from experience.

The lighter the pole the less strain on the body which on a long days makes a huge difference or high level work like gutter cleaning.

The stiffer the pole the easier it is to move and clean windows the more you have to struggle to get the right pressure to clean the glass then longer a jobs will take time is money in this game.

Thanks for the advice guys,

So I've ordered a SLX30 and a CLX18.

Hopefully i will notice a difference and will be able to give my opinion on them both

I have 2 CLX27's and a CLX18' I have windows where the extra flex allows me to "bounce" the brushes so I can get the bottom parts of the frame. I did buy the SLX 47 as obviously the higher you go the stiffer it needs to be.

Just on your last last thought about you going to purchase a s-max this year to make your life easier, I think the s-max is actually heavier than the slx. It’s just more rigid. If your wanting to make things easier, then I’d recommend the extreme. 

I checked the weight it is actually the same the main reason I going to the s max is I use a pick up truck with a truck mans ti
Top on it and I got my pole in on the angle and I got a set amount of room so the s max 27 will fit perfectly I can't fit a extreme in the back of the truck a with the same reach.

That's the main reason also I like the idea of a pole I don't really have to look after that well and I can use my big brushes on.

I checked the weight it is actually the same the main reason I going to the s max is I use a pick up truck with a truck mans ti
Top on it and I got my pole in on the angle and I got a set amount of room so the s max 27 will fit perfectly I can't fit a extreme in the back of the truck a with the same reach.

That's the main reason also I like the idea of a pole I don't really have to look after that well and I can use my big brushes on.

Just checked on gardiner website and to compare the slx 27 to the smax 27, the smax is 20 gramms heavier. So not a lot in it,  but definitely heavier. I get your point with the collapsed length though. 

Which pick up truck do you have? I’m getting a jeep next week, and want to kit the back out for work too. Did you use a custom tank or did a standard wydale tank fit in the back? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back