Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cannot seem to order reels from grippa

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@reach for the glass

We apologise - an issue did occur on the checkout over the winter shut down period, but this was resolved yesterday afternoon by our IT guys.

You should now be able to raise the order on the website - or alternatively feel free to email [email protected] and we will be very happy to help you further.

i tried to order a reel too,and the offer of the hose guide and base plate was one of the reasons i tried to order,i think i'll wait a while and see the reviews or look at pure freedom
Hi Kevin 

If you could email your details we will be able to locate your failed order and will be happy to process the order manual with the december offer for the hose reel guide.

Thanks ,

What happened too your weekly Friday vids?
emoji848.png
@Dan2016 Hi Dan - we wanted to make sure that we were covering as much as we could on the Friday FACTS so we're working at putting a series videos together which is also being worked on this month. Due to such high volume of new enquiries and sales our team has been incredibly busy. I'll find out the date that we're due to start shooting again and will get back to you - but thanks for your patience and feel free to email us any specific video requests you have!

Hi Kevin 

If you could email your details we will be able to locate your failed order and will be happy to process the order manual with the december offer for the hose reel guide.
i'm fine now thanks,from trying to order the reel,something was niggling me and i couldnt put my finger on it,-it wasn't the price but just something didn't seem right.

it dawned on me this morning-probably about two or three am

"grippahose v1 professional steel hosereel" as it says on your site 

now correct me if i'm wrong but when anyone says v1 or mk1 that means to me that there is a v2 or mk11 already in use or in the pipelines so if i ordered a hosereel now then sometime in the future there will be a newer/improved version coming out.

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippahose-v1-professional-stainless-steel-water-reel-manual-electric

as i have said correct me if i am wrong 

i'm fine now thanks,from trying to order the reel,something was niggling me and i couldnt put my finger on it,-it wasn't the price but just something didn't seem right.

it dawned on me this morning-probably about two or three am

"grippahose v1 professional steel hosereel" as it says on your site 

now correct me if i'm wrong but when anyone says v1 or mk1 that means to me that there is a v2 or mk11 already in use or in the pipelines so if i ordered a hosereel now then sometime in the future there will be a newer/improved version coming out.

https://www.grippatank.co.uk/grippahose-v1-professional-stainless-steel-water-reel-manual-electric

as i have said correct me if i am wrong 

Good Afternoon,

2 or 3 am? I think we are flattered you are thinking about us at that time of day :)

The V1 hose reel we have been developing for a number of years now based on frustration with stock reels and customer feedback/wishes.

The reel design has had both extensive rig testing, testing on our hire vehicles, and also been tested by our select local customer testers.

Do we have plans or working on a V2 design - no! As we are very happy with the result and any minor improvements have been made as requested by our testers.

We of course, however, are always looking at ways to add features to our products - but this is always done where possible in a sympathetic way to existing units already in the market allowing for upgrades in future.

Hope that helps,

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the reply, very diplomatic,i wasn't thinking about you at such an early hour just had that niggle to work out,

why name the reel v1 if you say you have no plans for a v2?
That is a relief  :1f603:

The V1 refers to the type, so will see the family of GrippaReels grow in the coming months for other applications. 

Hope that helps and have a good weekend

That is a relief  :1f603:

The V1 refers to the type, so will see the family of GrippaReels grow in the coming months for other applications. 

Hope that helps and have a good weekend
so,if the family is due to grow now is not the best time to buy one then?thats the way i see it and many others will too,when "the family" is established i could then make a more informed choice as to what would suit my paticular needs,you really have shot yourself in the foot there as in saying theres more to come when many could invest in your new reel only to find it wanting because you have further modifications happening in the coming months?

i can honestly say that i was once a potential customer,your web issues stopped me from buying a sub 1k electric reel and i'm glad that happened,you would have let me buy a reel knowing full well that more options and add ons will happen in the coming months-you just admitted that in the comment above-you can skirt around that all day long but the above are the facts that you have written,

that would explain the text messages i have had over the weekend from prominent members of the window cleaning community saying go for the pure freedom one

i think my gut feeling was right on this one

Can you elborate [mention=1844]GrippaTANK[/mention] on other applications as ive ordered 2 so wondering what else they could be used for? Thanks
My understanding is they would release different versions for other applications; like to store/use transfer hose, pressure washing hose etc
To say you won’t buy a product ‘just in case’ a new modification comes out limits your buying options - have you never brought an iPhone? I personally think grippatank have been more than open in explaining that - although it’s had extensive field testing - they would never rule out any room for improvement. I’d rather an open answer like that than the usual sales pitch that it’s perfect and will never be improved? My money is on the new waterworks reel anyway - I like the look of the auto hose lay tied in with the rollers so you can just press a button and let the reel do the work. No sign of it yet though!!!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

My understanding is they would release different versions for other applications; like to store/use transfer hose, pressure washing hose etc
To say you won’t buy a product ‘just in case’ a new modification comes out limits your buying options - have you never brought an iPhone? I personally think grippatank have been more than open in explaining that - although it’s had extensive field testing - they would never rule out any room for improvement. I’d rather an open answer like that than the usual sales pitch that it’s perfect and will never be improved? My money is on the new waterworks reel anyway - I like the look of the auto hose lay tied in with the rollers so you can just press a button and let the reel do the work. No sign of it yet though!!!

I also like the look of the waterworks one but with a price tag of nearly 3k I think il stick with the new GrippaTank one [emoji106]

Good Morning,

You are indeed correct @AGlassAct - the different versions and variants we are referring to relate to different applications (Static Transfer Reels and other industry applications - so for example, the "V4" unit could be "electric cable reel unit" - its just our means of identifying the various models in the family of products). 

Back