Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GoCardless for Commercial Customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neilmnwc

Hi All,

Happy New Year!  I hope you all had a decent break off work?  The first year in about 20 that I took the lot off & it was great (got fidgety after Boxing Day mind you...lol)

Onto the topic, Has anyone had any success moving commercial customers onto GoCardless?  Knowing what they're like processing I suspect I already know the answer.  It'd be handy though.

Just wondering the best way to approach slow payments and efforts to speed them up.

Cheers.

Hi Neil, I’ve just joined this forum and you are my first reply. I’m not familiar with the system you mention but I did have experience with Pay a Trader card payment system once, and it was rubbish! I found people whether commercial or residential really didn’t like to pay by card on the doorstep. I think commercial companies like to stay within their 30 day payment policy. For some time now I’ve been using the Invoice2go app and found it very good, a bit pricey for the yearly subscription but it works for me. Once you have set your payment terms it will keep track what’s overdue and just before it becomes due it automatically sends a reminder email to the customer. You can also accept card and PayPal payments within the app whichsend the customer to a Pay Now page where they enter payment details.  Looks professional too. Hope this helps a little. All the best.??

This one slipped under the net , Firstly my payment terms are payment within 14 days via bacs and this on both submitted quotes and invoices, So if they agree to the quote they have agreed to the payment terms . 

Regarding GC only got one to pay this way due to the financial director of the company becoming  a residential client and realising the benefits of GC she opted to sign the company up as it was one less payment for her to process 

I’m getting more and more success getting regular customers for residential to sign up to GC, it’s the way forward I think. 

The main reason I ask about commercial is some don’t seem to give a monkeys how long they keep me (us) waiting. I can’t see them going to am automated system as most have convoluted processing systems to go through.

As for card on the doorstep, that works for me for quite a few customers, I’ll offer it as it’s convenient and fast even though I pay more, I’d rather that than a cheque.

You just need to push GC as much as you can  and only offer GC to new residential clients, that's were i have increased my numbers of sign ups but they have to sign up before the first clean commences 

Latest Posts

Back