Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Powered hose reel upgrade for £40

Hi all. I know this has been talked about on here before but I have just posted this tutorial video on YouTube on how to upgrade you hose reel for around £40. Hope this helps anyone interested 

On 03/01/2018 at 19:37, Squeaky Clean Dave said:

Hi all. I know this has been talked about on here before but I have just posted this tutorial video on YouTube on how to upgrade you hose reel for around £40. Hope this helps anyone interested 

I followed this and made my own about 8 months ago. Everything still going stong and i defo cant go back to reeling in by hand now. The switch broke after 2 months but got a heavy duty one from toolstation for £6 and still going strong 

Excellent tutorial. Thumbs up. 

This is the one we use on both of our reels. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132552177504

We tried 250w ones, have to say way too slow so IMHO don’t bother.
WE have 2 DIY reels with 6mm hose, they wind in very fast using a 12v 115ah battery.
Never missed a beat.

Sent from my iPad using Window Cleaning Forums

I too started with a 250w motor but upgraded to a 300w.
Very pleased with the job it does.
I also added a chain tensioner, no one mentions them when building a reel, but I think it's worth it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I too started with a 250w motor but upgraded to a 300w.
Very pleased with the job it does.
I also added a chain tensioner, no one mentions them when building a reel, but I think it's worth it.

Hello,
How/where does the chain tensioner get fitted? I noticed there are different types to buy online.
On the video the chain looked fairly slack.

Looking to do this for next DIY van fitment although I have the larger Claber reel not the blue one in the video.

Cheers Dean

Their are 2 reels. One has a home made tentioner the other is off ebay (both work well) View attachment 15316View attachment 15317View attachment 15318View attachment 15319

Thanks for sending that best.

I use a separate leisure battery to power the pump rather than the van battery.
Do you run the reel motors off the same battery?
Also if you do can it power the motor and pump fairly well or does it struggle as the day goes on?

Thanks Dean

I run my pump and motor off leisure battery and it’s fine all day. Charge the battery most nights

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Latest Posts

Back